Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A 19-year-old Lawrence man reported a Micron monitor, keyboard and hard drive and other items valued together at $3,095 stolen between 12:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Monday from a residence in the 1700 block of Kentucky.
- A 32-year-old Lawrence man reported a Trek 6000 men's black 21-speed mountain bicycle stolen between 10 p.m. Sunday and 6:21 a.m. Monday from a residence in the 1200 block of Tennessee. A report listed the bicycle's value at $1,000.
- Comet Corporation reported a $16,000 1989 Ford dump truck stolen between 5 p.m. Friday and 7 a.m. Monday from the business at 800 Comet.
- A 22-year-old Kansas University student reported a $2,000 Macintosh Powerbook computer stolen between 11 a.m. Friday and 1:50 a.m. Monday from a residence in the 1500 block of Lynch Court.
- A 28-year-old Raytown man reported a Sony detachable stereo and other items valued together at $2,395 stolen from between 3:50 a.m. and 3:57 a.m. Sunday from his car parked in the 800 block of Iowa. He also reported $100 in damage to a passenger-side window of his 1986 Ford Mustang.
- A 46-year-old Kansas City, Mo., woman reported an unauthorized cash advance of $3,000 on her Mastercard on May 8 at the Douglas County Bank. The woman told Lawrence police about the incident May 14, and police released a report about it Tuesday. The woman had reported the credit card and her Missouri driver's license stolen to Kansas City police on May 7. Police have not made any arrests but have a description for the suspect, a white female in her 20s or 30s.
- Police arrested William Raymond Albright, 24, Lawrence, late Monday for battery on a law enforcement officer, criminal trespass, theft and obstruction of the duties of a law enforcement officer. Police received a complaint from Wendy's about Albright, Sgt. George Wheeler said. Albright allegedly kicked a Douglas County sheriff's deputy who had stopped to assist the arrest.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Vehicle fire, 8:55 p.m. Monday, 1200 block of East 23rd.
- Structure fire, 5:15 p.m. Monday, 1624 W. Sixth.
- Medical emergency, 8:35 p.m. Monday, 3100 block of Trail.
- Medical emergency, 4:23 p.m. Monday, 5100 block of Congressional.
- Medical emergency, 1:21 p.m. Monday, 3000 block of West 31st.
- Injury accident, no extrication or transport, 12:43 p.m. Monday, 1000 block of Tennessee.
- Medical emergency, 12:30 p.m. Monday, 1000 block of West 23rd.
- Patient transfer, 11:42 a.m. Monday, 300 block of Maine.
- Medical emergency, no transport, 10:24 a.m. Monday, 300 block of Mississippi.
- Medical emergency, 8:17 a.m. Monday, 3500 block of Clinton Parkway.
- Injury accident, no extrication or transport, 8:16 a.m. Monday, 100 block of Interstate 70.
Criminal case proceedings
- A judge recently denied several requests from Angela Bird, who faces an involuntary manslaughter charge in the death of a 6-month-old. Douglas County District Judge Michael Malone denied Bird's request for a jury trial, individual jury questioning, advance jury questionnaires and suppression of evidence. Bird's trial is June 28.