Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- Police are investigating the theft of a Canon Elan camera and three lenses, which were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 400 block of West 14th between 8 p.m. Thursday and 8:30 a.m. Friday. Loss was $1,000.
- A Lawrence resident reported 70 compact discs, a backpack and $66 in cash were stolen between 10:30 p.m. Wednesday and 7 a.m. Friday from a vehicle in the 600 block of West 28th. Loss was $1,129.
- A 47-year-old female teacher at Free State High School reported she was the victim of a criminal threat and battery at the school at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday. According to a report, the teacher wasn't injured. Details of the alleged battery weren't available Saturday night.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Spill/leak, no ignition, 7:49 p.m. Friday, 1002 E. 19th.
- Unintentional false alarm, 10:09 a.m. Friday, 708 Elm.
- Medical emergency, 10:15 p.m. Friday, 1600 block of Naismith.
- Nonemergency transfer, 9:32 p.m. Friday, from Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Motorcycle accident, 8:47 p.m. Friday, 1400 section of North 1941 Diagonal Rd., patient was treated and released from Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Slip or fall, 8:23 p.m. Friday, 2400 block of Bryce Court.
- Medical emergency, 6:04 p.m. Friday, Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Vehicle accident, 5:46 p.m. Friday, Interstate 70; patient was treated and released from Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Medical emergency, 5:28 p.m. Friday, 3500 block of Clinton Parkway.
- Medical emergency, no transport, 5:22 p.m. Friday, 900 block of Kentucky.
- Nonemergency transfer, 5:21 p.m. Friday, from 1400 block of Kasold.
- Canceled prior to arrival, no transport, 5:09 p.m. Friday, 1700 block of West 24th.
- Medical emergency, 3:09 p.m. Friday, 900 block of Pennsylvania.
- Nonemergency transfer, 2:27 p.m. Friday, from the 3000 block of West 31st.
- Medical emergency, no transport, 2:14 p.m. Friday, 3300 block of Iowa.
- Nonemergency transfer, 1:03 p.m. Friday, from Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Medical emergency, 11:25 p.m. Friday, 3400 block of Lazybrook Lane.
- Vehicle accident, 8:09 a.m. Friday, 400 section of East 1700 Road, Baldwin; patient was treated and released from Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
Fire officials suspect children might have been involved in a shed fire Saturday morning at the Brookwood Mobile Home Park, 1908 E. 19th. Residents reported the fire at 11:25 a.m. Saturday, and Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical trucks arrived to find the 10-by-10-foot outbuilding in flames. Fire Battalion Chief Bill Stark said a mattress and bike frame were in the building, which was completely destroyed.
Stark said numerous children were in the area before the fire broke out.
"That's a possibility, but we know it is suspicious," Stark said. "There was no gas or electricity, so it shouldn't have caught fire."
No one was injured in the fire.