Burglaries and thefts reported
- A 28-year-old Lawrence man told police Sunday that a Cannondale bike, lawn mower and lock valued together at $3,420 were stolen between 4:30 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. Sunday in the 3800 block of Elizabeth.
- A 25-year-old Lawrence man told police Friday that his vehicle was broken into between 12:30 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. Friday in the 3600 block of Brush Creek. A report listed damage and loss at $1,725.
- Jayhawk Pawn, 1804 W. Sixth, told Lawrence police on Wednesday that two bicycles were stolen from the business between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. Wednesday. A report made available Monday listed the value of the bikes and a steel cable at $1,909.
- American General Finance, 2319 La., told police on March 15 that a TV, a stereo receiver and other items valued together at $4,400 were stolen about 2 p.m. March 12 from the business. Police made a report available Monday.
- A 42-year-old teacher at South Junior High School told police a 13-year-old student shoved her twice about 11 a.m. Thursday at the school, 2734 La. Sgt. George Wheeler said the student grew upset when the teacher told him he couldn't have part of a cake that other students were eating. Police took the student out of school and have forwarded a report about the incident to juvenile authorities.
- A 21-year-old Lawrence resident told police Wednesday that his 1990 Mazda was damaged between 3 p.m. March 13 and 4:30 p.m. Wednesday while parked in a lot at 1800 Naismith. A report Monday estimated the damage at $1,000.
- Authorities booked Corey Lloyd Morrison, 20, Waterloo, Iowa, into the Douglas County Jail on Saturday for battery of a correction officer, battery of a law enforcement officer, obstruction of justice and criminal damage. The incident began about 2 a.m. Saturday when police were responding to a domestic disturbance call in the 2400 block of West 24th, a report said. Sgt. George Wheeler of the Lawrence Police Department said Morrison spat on a Douglas County Sheriff's Department deputy and shoved a police officer. Morrison, released on $1,000 bond, is scheduled to appear in Douglas County District Court on April 7.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- System malfunction, 6:15 p.m. Sunday, 1425 Jayhawk.
- Structure fire, 5:03 p.m. Sunday, 726 Mass.
- System malfunction, 4:30 p.m. Sunday, 2808 Kensington.
- Controlled burning, 2:22 p.m. Sunday, 4717 W. 24th.
- Police assist, 1:38 p.m. Sunday, 800 Oak.
- Smoke scare, 10:14 a.m. Sunday, 1800 Engel.
- Patient transfer, 1:06 p.m. Sunday, 3000 block of West 31st.
- Medical emergency, no transfer, 7:40 p.m. Sunday, 200 block of Ames, Baldwin.
- Medical emergency, 6:57 p.m. Sunday, 1700 block of Mass.
- Shooting, 6:43 p.m. Sunday, 2600 block of Redbud.
- Medical emergency, 5:22 p.m. Sunday, 2100 block of Quail Creek.
- Medical emergency, no transport, 5:12 p.m. Sunday, 2400 block of Iowa.
- Medical emergency, 2:23 p.m. Sunday, 300 block of Washington, Baldwin.
- Medical emergency, 1:03 p.m. Sunday, 1200 block of Orchard, Baldwin.
- Medical emergency, no transfer, 10:03 a.m. Sunday, 2200 block of Harper.
- Medical emergency, 9:55 a.m. Sunday, 1000 block of Tennessee.