Burglaries and thefts reported
- A 37-year-old Lawrence woman told police her 1988 two-door Honda Civic was stolen between 10:45 p.m. Tuesday and 6:11 a.m. Wednesday from the 1900 block of East 19th. The car is valued at $1,000 on a report.
- A 29-year-old Lawrence woman told police Tuesday that a man exposed himself and masturbated in front of her about 5:45 p.m. Tuesday at a laundromat at 925 Iowa. The woman described the man as a 6-foot, 200-pound white male between 50 and 60 years of age wearing gray sweatpants, a blue sweatshirt and safety or sports glasses.
- Authorities booked Danny Joseph Cronin, 19, a transient, into the Douglas County Jail at 3:35 p.m. Wednesday on charges of aggravated assault and aggravated battery. Cronin is accused of pistol-whipping a 37-year-old acquaintance Feb. 24 during a fight about a Sony PlayStation.
- About $3,000 in damage was sustained to a bathroom stall divider and door between 2 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. Feb. 21 at Oliver Hall at Kansas University. The incident was reported to KU Police on Feb. 25, and police made a report available Thursday.
- A 45-year-old KU electronics technician reported a night-vision scope valued at $1,500 stolen between noon Feb. 26 and 3 p.m. Feb. 28 from Learned Hall on campus. He reported the loss to KU Police on Wednesday.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Chimney fire, 6:39 a.m. Thursday, 1936 E. 1300 Rd.
- Good-intent call, 4:29 a.m. Thursday, 1120 Iowa.
- False call, 5:36 p.m. Wednesday, 4101 W. 12th.
- Smoke scare, 5:04 p.m. Wednesday, 3440 W. Sixth.
- Unintentional alarm, 2:48 p.m. Wednesday, 1251 Wescoe Hall.
- Structure fire, 12:41 p.m. Wednesday, 804 Iowa.
- Smoke scare, 9:22 a.m. Wednesday, 1733 W. 24th.
- Medical emergency, 4:43 a.m. Thursday, 1500 block of Inverness.
- Medical emergency, 2:53 a.m. Thursday, 300 block of Bristol.
- Sports accident, 11 p.m. Wednesday, 1300 block of Sunnyside.
- Medical emergency, 9:28 p.m. Wednesday, 2200 block of Harper.
- Medical emergency, 8:34 p.m. Wednesday, 2400 block of West 25th.
- Medical emergency, 6:05 p.m. Wednesday, 1000 block of East 23rd.
- Good-intent call, no transport, 5:09 p.m. Wednesday, 3400 block of West Sixth.
- Sports accident, no transport, 4:29 p.m. Wednesday, 1300 block of Sunnyside.
- Medical emergency, no transport, 3:44 p.m. Wednesday, 500 block of Tennessee.
- Medical emergency, 1:15 p.m. Wednesday, 1500 block of Inverness.
- Medical emergency, 1:02 p.m. Wednesday, 2400 block of Brookside Court.
- Medical emergency, 11:21 a.m. Wednesday, 2300 block of Packer.
- Medical emergency, 6:59 a.m. Wednesday, 1500 block of St. Andrews Drive.
Marriage licenses issued
John Joseph Etheridge, 42, Lawrence, and Lynette Tolar, 48, Lawrence.
Penny B. Ball, 30, Lawrence, and Bradley W. Lorenzo, 28, Lawrence.
Michael James Fezer, 29, Fort Riley, and Michelle Allen, 25, Lawrence.