* Joseph Scott Ward, 20, Lawrence, was arrested Monday on charges of robbery, battery and criminal damage to property. Details about the arrest were not immediately available. Ward was booked into the Douglas County Jail at 3:31 p.m. He was being held without bond. A first appearance in Douglas County District Court will likely be today.
- A 3-foot stone and brick sculpture of a lion was damaged between 10 p.m. Saturday and 8:30 a.m. Sunday in the 1500 block of Massachusetts, police reported Monday. Damage to the statue was estimated at $1,000.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Smoke report, 11:38 p.m. Sunday, 733 Mass.
- Unintentional false alarm, 5:57 p.m. Sunday, 2424 Melrose.
- Assault, 5:13 a.m. Monday, 100 block of East 11th.
- Assault, 8:42 p.m. Sunday, 1600 block of Irving, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 8:13 p.m. Sunday, 3200 Peterson, no transport.
- Fall, 4:01 p.m. Sunday, 500 block of east 15th, no transport.
- Automobile accident, 3:35 p.m. Sunday, 1800 block of Alabama.
- Automobile accident, 1:35 p.m. Sunday, 3400 block of West Sixth, no transport.
- Fall, 7:37 a.m. Sunday, 1400 block of Maple.