* Douglas County Sheriff's personnel arrested Heng Ik Lin, 22, Topeka, Saturday on two warrants, one for a worthless check greater than $500, and another for failure to make a court appearance. He was booked at 2:26 p.m. into Douglas County Jail. He was released on $2,000 bond at 5:30 and is scheduled to appear in court at 2:15 p.m. Jan. 20.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Unintentional alarm, 1:29 a.m. Saturday, 1400 block of Jayhawk.
- Structure fire, 7:34 p.m. Friday, 1100 block of West 29th Terrace; started by cigarette, put out with fire extinguisher. Estimated damage was $100.
- Unintentional alarm, 3:03 p.m. Friday, 2900 block of Prairie.
- False call, 9:57 a.m. Friday, 2400 block of Melrose.
- Medical emergency, 3:11 a.m. Saturday, 900 block of Congressional.
- Medical emergency, 1:19 a.m. Saturday, 200 block of Eisenhower in Baldwin.
- Medical emergency, 11:44 p.m. Friday, 1800 block of West 27th; no one transported.
- Nonemergency transfer, 10:57 p.m. Friday, Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Medical emergency, 9:58 p.m. Friday, 2700 block of Bishop.
- Vehicle accident, 9:46 p.m. Friday, 1000 block of Iowa; no one transported.
- Emergency transfer, 9:24 p.m. Friday, LMH.
- Assault, 8:39 p.m. Friday, 1100 block of East 13th Street; one person transported.
- Medical emergency, 7:35 p.m. Friday, 2300 block of West 26th.
- Nonemergency transfer, 7:11 p.m. Friday, 1500 block of Inverness.
- Medical emergency, 6:26 p.m. Friday, 3500 block of Clinton Parkway.
- Medical emergency, 4:24 p.m. Friday, 400 section of North 2100 Road in Lecompton.
- Slip or fall, 4:20 p.m. Friday, 1400 block of Memorial Drive.
- Slip or fall, 2:39 p.m. Friday, 600 block of Kasold.
- Medical emergency, 2:20 p.m. Friday, 3000 block of West 30th Court.
- Vehicle accident, 11:17 a.m. Friday, 1500 block of Iowa; one person transported.
- Medical emergency, 10:35 a.m. Friday, 1500 block of East 1850 Road.
- Nonemergency transfer, 10:23 a.m. Friday, LMH.
- Nonemergency transfer, 8:27 a.m. Friday, LMH.
- Person seen, no help needed, 8:21 a.m. Friday, 1700 block of Massachusetts.