Burglaries and thefts reported
- Speakers and other items valued at $2,298 were reported stolen between 7:18 a.m. and 7:24 a.m. Tuesday from Pro Sound, 500 E. 23rd. According to police reports, someone threw a brick through a window of the store and grabbed items near the front of the business. Among the missing items are eight speakers, a remote vehicle alarm, car cassette players and Sony compact disc players.
- A computer and other items valued at $6,360 were reported taken between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Dec. 18 from a residence in the 1500 block of West 24th, police reported Wednesday.
- Police arrested Angela Marie Payne, 38, Lawrence, on aggravated battery charges after she allegedly tried to attack her 71-year-old boyfriend with a steak knife. According to police reports, the incident happened at 10:48 p.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of Connecticut. The man received a minor cut and refused medical treatment, according to a police report. Payne was released from the Douglas County Jail Wednesday afternoon on her own recognizance. A preliminary hearing was scheduled for Tuesday.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Vehicle fire, 9:55 p.m. Tuesday, 3427 Harvard.
- Structure fire, 9:32 p.m. Tuesday, 2324 Harvard; candle wax started a fire, damaging a stove and cabinets. The resident extinguished the fire before firefighters arrived.
- Structure fire, 7:56 p.m. Tuesday, 529 Maple St.; a candle left on a plastic table started a fire.
- Good intent call, 7 p.m. Tuesday, 1202 E. 23rd.
- Structure fire, 5:59 p.m. Tuesday, 1407 Eddingham; a faulty stove caught fire.
- False call, 4:07 p.m. Tuesday, 2125 Clinton Parkway.
- Unintentional false alarm, 3:27 p.m. Tuesday, 2424 Melrose.
- Steam mistaken for smoke, 3:09 p.m. Tuesday, 206 W. 13th.
- Alarm system malfunction, 3:01 p.m. Tuesday, 1025 Emery.
- Service call, 1:20 p.m. Tuesday, Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Alarm system malfunction, 12:14 p.m. Tuesday, 1425 Tenn.
- Spill-leak, 9:55 a.m. Tuesday, 2816 Mo.
- Hazardous condition stand-by, 9:34 a.m. Tuesday, 4608 Wimbledon.
- Home accident, 3:40 a.m. Wednesday, 1600 section of North 474 Road, Baldwin.
- Medical emergency, 3:31 a.m. Wednesday, 2200 block of Barker.
- Medical emergency, 1:50 a.m. Wednesday, 1500 block of Inverness.
- Medical emergency, 6:47 p.m. Tuesday, 1400 block of Maple, Eudora.
- Medical emergency, 5:15 p.m. Tuesday, 2400 block of Kresge.
- Medical emergency, 4:28 p.m. Tuesday, 1200 block of West 28th.
- Medical emergency, 4:15 p.m. Tuesday, 3000 block of West 31st.
- Person seen, no help needed, 4:03 p.m. Tuesday, 800 block of Iowa, no transport.
- Non-emergency transfer, 3:05 p.m. Tuesday, from Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Vehicle accident, 2:51 p.m. Tuesday, 300 block of West Ninth, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 1:16 p.m. Tuesday, 900 block of North 7th.
- Non-emergency transfer, 1:09 p.m. Tuesday, from Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Medical emergency, 11:54 a.m. Tuesday, 3000 block of Haverone Way.
- Patient transfer, 10:10 a.m. Tuesday, from Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Medical emergency, 9:52 a.m. Tuesday, 2400 block of Morningside.
- Medical emergency, 6:59 a.m. Tuesday, 1400 block of Kasold.