* Lawrence police arrested Johnathan Lee West, 21, Grandview, Mo., Thursday on charges of possession of crack cocaine with intent to sell first offense, possession of marijuana with intent to sell first offense and not having a drug tax stamp. He also was wanted on seven warrants -- three warrants for failure to appear, a warrant for possession of cocaine first offense, a warrant for possession of marijuana first offense, a warrant for possession of drug paraphernalia and an Shawnee County warrant. He was booked at 3:18 p.m. Thursday into Douglas County Jail. Bail had not been set Thursday night.
- Lawrence police arrested Terrance Edward Connelly, 28, Lawrence, Thursday on a charge of aggravated battery. The charge stemmed a domestic dispute Wednesday. He was booked at 5:51 p.m. Thursday into the Douglas County Jail. Bail had not yet been set.
- Douglas County Sheriff's personnel arrested Justin Trent Harrison, 25, Melvern, on warrants for burglary of an aircraft, theft greater than $500 and less than $25,000, criminal damage to property less than $500 and burglary of a building. No other information about the alleged crimes was available Thursday. Harrison was booked at 2:57 p.m. Thursday into Douglas County Jail. Bail had not yet been set.
- Robin Bland, 38, was taken Thursday night to Lawrence Memorial Hospital after a two-car accident at 8:28 p.m. in the 1800 block of West Sixth Street. Bland was driving west on Sixth when she tried to make a left turn. Her white 1984 Chrysler was struck on the passenger side by a 1998 green Jeep driven east by Robert Lagarde, 43, of Lawrence. The accident was still under investigation. Bland's condition was not available Thursday night.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Alarm system malfunction, 10:52 p.m. Wednesday, 1540 La.
- Alarm system malfunction, 8:54 p.m. Wednesday, One Riverfront Place.
- Hazardous material, not classified, 1:44 p.m. Wednesday, 2021 Atchison.
- Structure fire, 8:53 a.m. Wednesday, 1047 R.I.
- Medical emergency, 3:16 a.m. Thursday, 2400 block of Melrose.
- Medical emergency, 2:27 a.m. Thursday, 2400 block of Louisiana.
- Medical emergency, 1:40 a.m. Thursday, 600 section of East 1732 Road.
- Person seen, no help needed, 9:52 p.m. Wednesday, 700 block of Massachusetts.
- Sports accident, 8:25 p.m. Wednesday, 1500 block of Irving Hill Road.
- Medical emergency, 3:14 p.m. Wednesday, 4200 block of Harvard, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 10:01 a.m. Wednesday, 3000 block of West 31st, no transport.