Burglaries and thefts reported
- A Lawrence man reported his 1994 Toyota four-wheel-drive truck stolen between 9:30 p.m. Wednesday and 12:01 a.m. Thursday, police said. The truck is valued at $15,000 on a police report.
- A Perkins employee told police about $2,000 was missing Monday from the restaurant's safe at 1711 W. 23rd. The theft occurred between 1:26 p.m. Sunday and 1:30 p.m. Monday.
- A 37-year-old Lawrence man told Lawrence Police a 19-year-old man, a friend of his, pistol-whipped him about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of West 25th Street during an argument about a Sony PlayStation. The alleged victim suffered a small cut across the bridge of his noise and a cut on his head, police said.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Smoke scare, 8:47 a.m. Thursday, 506 Colo.
- Medical emergency, 5:13 a.m. Thursday, 100 block of East 11th.
- Medical emergency, 1:45 a.m. Thursday, 1200 block of Pennsylvania.
- Medical emergency, 12:44 a.m. Thursday, 1000 block of Mass.
- Assault, 9:11 p.m. Wednesday, 1100 block of North 1723 Road, no transport.
- Injury accident, no extrication or transport, 7:16 p.m. Wednesday, 600 block of North Second.
- Medical emergency, 5:44 p.m. Wednesday, 1900 block of East 19th.
- Medical emergency, 12:49 p.m. Wednesday, 300 block of Maine.
- Injury accident, no extrication, 12:38 p.m. Wednesday, 1800 block of West 27th.
- Injury accident, no extrication, 12:29 p.m. Wednesday, 2000 block of Harvard.
- Slip or fall, 10:06 a.m. Wednesday, 1100 block of East 1800 Road, Eudora.
- Medical emergency, 8:18 a.m. Wednesday, 500 block of Tennessee.
- Medical emergency, 8:11 a.m. Wednesday, 1900 block of West 31st.
- Slip or fall, 8:09 a.m. Wednesday, 3000 block of West 31st.