* Receive requests for projects to be included in the 2000-2005 Capital Improvements Plan.
- Approve a final plat for St. James Addition, a four-lot commercial subdivision covering 4.92 acres on the north side of 23rd Street, about 830 feet west of Harper Street. Submitted by The Peridian Group for James R. Ellena and Jerry A. and Laura D. Taylor, property owners of record.
- Approve a final plat and final development plan for 10 Marketplace Addition, a one-lot commercial subdivision covering 4.855 acres along the north side of 23rd Street about 300 feet east of Harper Street. Submitted by The Peridian Group for William R. Newsome, managing partner of 10 Marketplace L.L.C., contract purchaser from Manijeh Zhandi, property owner of record.
- Approve a final plat for Chalk Rock Addition, a replat of a lot in Chalk Hill Addition. The six-lot residential subdivision covers 1.611 acres at the southwest corner of Ninth Street and Chalk Hill Court. Submitted by Landplan Engineering for Dennis Barritt of DDB L.L.C., property owner of record.
- Approve a final development plan for the third phase of the Nieder Acres Planned Commercial Development, also known as the SuperTarget development. The plan calls for a new Pier 1 Imports store, which would cover 9,360 square feet, and a future 3,540-square-foot retail store south. The property is south of PetCare Superstore. Submitted by Landplan Engineering for Becky Goodman, of Block & Co. Dayton Hudson Corp. is property owner of record.
- Consider a request for "infinite deferral" of a proposed final development plan for Phase 3 of the Westdale PCD-1 (Internal Medicine Group). The request already had been deferred from the commission's meetings in November and January.
- Consider a request to annex approximately 27.78 acres into the city, for development of a new public elementary school. The property is generally located 800 feet north of 15th Street, along the west side of George Williams Way (extended north). A rezoning request for this tract and a tract to the north also is scheduled for consideration during the meeting. Submitted by Landplan Engineering for the Lawrence school district, property owner of record.
- Consider a request to rezone 50.6 acres from A (Agricultural) and RS-1 (Single-Family Residence) to RS-2 (Single-Family Residence) north of 15th Street on the west side of George Williams Way (extended north). Requested by Landplan Engineering for the Lawrence school district, property owner of record.
- Consider a request to defer a request to rezone 22,830 square feet from RO-2 (Residence-Office) to M-2 (General Industrial) at the northwest corner of 19th Street and Haskell Avenue. Requested by Chaudhry Wahla for the Islamic Center of Lawrence, the property owner of record.
- Consider amended 1999 Unified Work Program.