Advertisement

Archive for Monday, February 22, 1999

FIRE STRIKES HOUSE IN DESOTO

February 22, 1999

Advertisement

A fire early Sunday consumed much of a house at 851 Wea Ter. in DeSoto.

Firefighters were called to the scene of the fire at 12:30 a.m., and Johnson County Sheriff's officials said it took a few hours to get the blaze under control.

The home's occupants, the Guy Robinson family, were in the house at the time the fire began, sheriff's officials said, but everyone made it out of the home. One person was transported to Overland Park Regional Medical Center to be checked for smoke inhalation but was released.

DeSoto's volunteer fire department is investigating the fire, though arson was not suspected. A dollar figure for the damage to the home was not available Sunday night.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.