The Lawrence city commission will consider the following agenda items when it meets at 6:35 p.m. Tuesday at city hall, Sixth and Massachusetts:
Unless otherwise requested, the following items will be considered without debate on a single vote:
- Approve minutes of various boards and commissions.
- Approve claims and payroll.
- Approve drinking establishment licenses recommended by the Department of Administrative Services, as conditioned, for the Bottleneck, 737 New Hampshire; Don's Steak House, 2173 E. 23rd; FiFi's Banquet Connection, 1350 N. Third; Louise's West, 1307 W. Seventh; Stafford's Liquor, 1906 Massachusetts; and Diane's Liquor, 1806 Massachusetts.
- Award bid for Clinton Parkway inlet repairs, and Clinton Parkway, Wakarusa to Iowa, to the lowest bidder.
- Award bid of $56,994.52 to Penney Construction Co. for city hall restroom renovations.
- Set bid date of Jan. 11, 2000, for parking lot improvements on 800 block of New Hampshire.
- Authorize the City Manager to execute a contract for $9,880 with Professional Engineering Consultants PA for Iowa and Harvard Road Traffic Signal Improvements.
- Authorize the City Manager to execute a contract for $24,900 with Professional Engineering Consultants PA for 23rd and Alabama geometric and traffic signal improvements.
- Authorize the City Manager to execute an agreement with Downtown Lawrence, Inc., for downtown enhancement activities.
- Authorize the City Manager to execute an agreement for $52,206 with Dorn Technology for a Risk Management Information System.
- Authorize the City Manager to execute an agreement for $154,886 with Doctex for imaging software and professional services, and authorize soliciting bids for supporting hardware for an amount not to exceed $130,236.
- Authorize the city manager to execute an agreement with Mid-America Concessions, Inc. to operate concession sites at the Lawrence Aquatic Center, YSI, Clinton Lake Softball Complex and Holcom Sports Complex.
- Adopt a resolution establishing the boundaries for the city for 1999.
- Authorize the mayor to sign a release of mortgage for Jill Jevens, 1301 Prospect.
- Receive special assessment benefit district petitions from Inverness Park, L.P., for public improvements.
REGULAR AGENDA ITEMS:
- Receive staff report on the status of the unsafe structures at 2710 and 2712 University Drive.
- Receive staff report concerning sidewalk repair in the Deerfield Neighborhood.
- Receive request from H & S Holdings for city participation in the financing of stormwater improvements at the northwest corner of Sixth and Maine, and consider a resolution increasing the project estimate to $450,000.
- Receive Public Transit Advisory Committee report and review Federal Transit Authority assurances and certifications.