Law enforcement report
- A two-car accident Thursday evening in Leavenworth County sent four people to St. John Hospital in Leavenworth. Darrin Flores, 18, Leavenworth, turned west off Leavenworth County Road 5 onto County Road 10 in 1985 Dodge truck. He lost control and slid sideways on the road, hitting an eastbound 1989 Chevrolet truck broadside. The driver of the truck, Stacy Richhart, 28, drove to the hospital, and two passengers, Brent Parr, 18, Leavenworth, and Christopher Parr, 16, Leavenworth, were taken by ambulance to the hospital, as was Flores. All were treated and released except Christopher Parr; he was transferred to Kansas University Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan. His condition was unavailable Friday night. Flores' vehicle was a total loss; Richhart's had $2,000 worth of damage.
- Kylee Stalkfleet, 15, Oskaloosa, was in critical condition Friday at the Kansas University Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan., where she is recovering from injuries sustained in an automobile accident Aug. 20.
- Kim A. Groenhagen, 35, was in critical condition Friday at the KU Medical Center, where he is recovering from burns sustained in a July 30 fire at Heetco Inc.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- System malfunction, 2:22 a.m. Friday, 1537 Tenn.
- Unintentional alarm, 11:11 p.m. Thursday, 1537 Tenn.
- System malfunction, 10:02 p.m. Thursday, 707 Vt.
- System malfunction, 8:37 p.m. Thursday, 1425 Tenn.
- Unintentional alarm, 6:23 p.m. Thursday, 1136 Parkside.
- Arcing or shorted electrical wires, 5:01 p.m. Thursday, 900 Conn.
- Transformer explosion, no fire, 4:31 p.m. Thursday, 1609 E. 21st St.
- Hazardous condition standby, 4:23 p.m. Thursday, 1609 N. 1650 Rd.
- Vehicle fire, 4:10 p.m. Thursday, 1724 E. 800 Rd.
- Unintentional alarm, 4:04 p.m. Thursday, 700 E. 22nd St.
- Unintentional alarm, 2:15 p.m. Thursday, 1603 W. 15th St.
- System malfunction, 1:32 p.m. Thursday, 1651 Naismith.
- Person seen, no help needed, 3:17 a.m. Friday, 600 block of Whitefield.
- Assault, 10:20 p.m. Thursday, 1300 block of New Jersey.
- Medical emergency, 8:38 p.m. Thursday, 3000 block of West 31st.
- Person seen, no help needed, 5:17 p.m. Friday, 3100 block of Iowa.
- Patient transfer, 3:06 p.m. Thursday, Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Medical emergency, 2:07 p.m. Thursday, LMH.
- Medical emergency, 12:50 p.m. Thursday, 400 block of Boulder.
- Medical emergency, 11:41 a.m. Thursday, LMH.
- Person seen, no help needed, 10:17 a.m. Thursday, 1100 block of Dubs Dread Court.
- Medical emergency, 10:12 a.m. Thursday, LMH.
- Auto accident, no extrication; Diana Newman of Overland Park was transported to Lawrence Memorial Hospital, treated and released; 8:13 a.m. Thursday, first section of Kansas Highway 10.
- Home accident, 7:35 a.m. Thursday, 1700 block of West 19th Terrace.