Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A 20-year-old Lawrence woman reported 148 compact discs and their case stolen between 10 p.m. Aug. 13 and 3 a.m. Aug. 14 in the 2300 block of Lowell Drive. The compact discs and case, valued at $2,255, were recovered Aug. 15.
- Lawrence police arrested Michael Lee Scott, 35, Lawrence, on charges of forgery and possession of stolen property Friday. He was booked at 8:22 p.m. Friday into Douglas County Jail, where he was being held in lieu of $2,500 bail Friday night.
- Kim A. Groenhagen, 35, McLouth, remained in critical condition Friday at the Kansas University Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan., where he is recovering from burn injuries sustained in a July 30 fire at Heetco Inc.
- Nathan Gilfillan, 20, Topeka, was in stable condition Friday at St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center, where he was recovering from injuries sustained Thursday in a motorcycle accident on Douglas County Road 442 west of Lawrence.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Trash fire, 4:30 p.m. Thursday, 2112 W. 25th.
- Trees/brush/grass fire, 4:05 p.m. Thursday, 3310 W. 26th.
- Trees/brush/grass fire, 1:46 p.m. Thursday, 1035 N. Third.
- Unclassified medical call, 12:04 a.m. Friday, first block of Grandview, Eudora.
- Medical emergency, 11:57 p.m. Thursday, 1800 section of East 300 Road, Lecompton.
- Medical emergency, no transport, 9:44 p.m. Thursday, 1100 block of Prescott.
- Slip or fall, 9:29 p.m. Thursday, 1300 block of East 27th.
- Injury accident, no extrication, 7:03 p.m. Thursday, 500 block of West 31st.
- Medical emergency, no transport, 6:53 p.m. Thursday, 1500 block of Lynch.
- Sports accident, 6:49 p.m. Thursday, 1200 sectioin of East 902 Road.
- Person seen, no help needed, 6:25 p.m. Thursday, 1400 block of Pin Oak.
- Injury accident, no extrication, 6:10 p.m. Thursday, 1800 section of East 600 Road, Lecompton.
- Sports accident, 5:53 p.m. Thursday, 1900 block of Louisiana.
- Patient transfer, 4:40 p.m. Thursday, 300 block of Maine.
- Injury accident, no extrication, 3:48 p.m. Thursday, 1000 block of Vermont.
- Medical emergency, 1:40 p.m. Thursday, 1900 block of Rhode Island.
- Bicycle accident, 1:21 p.m. Thursday, 300 block of Lincoln.
- Medical emergency, 1:11 p.m. Thursday, 800 block of Illinois.
- Person seen, no help needed, 12:11 p.m. Thursday, 1100 block of Highland.
- Unclassified medical call, 11:12 a.m. Thursday, 2200 block of Louisiana.
- Unclassified medical call, 10:03 a.m. Thursday, 1400 block of Jayhawk.
- Injury accident, no extrication, 8:02 a.m. Thursday, 600 block of West 17th.
- Injury accident, no extrication, 7:58 a.m. Thursday, 3100 block of Iowa.