Crews are poised to pour 18,875 tons of fresh, smooth pavement atop 35 streets, a library parking lot and an airport pavement patch this spring and summer in Lawrence.
The city will pay $1.25 million for LRM Industries Inc., of Lawrence, to repave 35 streets in town.
The following is a rundown of the locations for the two-phase program. The first phase is set to start during the week of May 10; the second phase is scheduled to begin in early June and last into September.
- Arkansas Street, from 25th to 27th streets.
- Colorado Street, from Fifth to Sixth streets.
- Connecticut Street, from Seventh to 15th streets.
- Crestline Drive, from Clinton Parkway to 24th Street.
- Crossgate Drive, from the north end of Greenbrier Drive to -- and including -- the north cul de sac in front of Alvamar Country Club.
- 15th Street, from Massachusetts to Kentucky streets.
- Four Wheel Drive, from 31st Street to an area north of 28th Terrace.
- Greenbrier Drive.
- Harvard Road, from Wellington Drive to an entrance at West Junior High School.
- Missouri Street, from Fourth to Fifth streets and 24th Street to an area 300 feet north of 27th Street.
- Pennsylvania Street, in the area of 14th Street.
- Princeton Boulevard, from McDonald Drive to Lawrence Avenue.
- Rockledge Road, from Sixth Street to McDonald Drive.
- Trail Road, from Kasold Drive to Monterey Way. (Trail, from Kasold to Lawrence Avenue, will be part of Phase II.)
- 28th Terrace, from Four Wheel Drive to the frontage road.
- 24th Street, from Kasold to Crossgate drives.
- 27th Street, from Iowa to Louisiana streets. (27th, from Lawrence to Atchison avenues, will be part of Phase II.)
- Vermont Street, from 15th to 16th streets.
- Atchison Avenue and 28th Street, from 29th Street to Lawrence Avenue.
- Cedar Ridge Court.
- Greever Terrace, from Virginia to Louisiana streets, including a loading zone for buses.
- Harper Street, from 15th to 17th streets.
- Hillcrest Road, from Engel Road to Spencer Drive.
- Lawrence Municipal Airport, paved area south of terminal building.
- Lawrence Public Library parking lot, 707 Vt.
- Lockridge Place.
- Louisiana Street, from 31st Street to the entrance to Broken Arrow Park.
- New Hampshire Street, from Eighth to Ninth streets.
- Pamela Lane.
- Randall Road, north of 10th Street.
- Spencer Drive.
- Trail Road, from Kasold Drive to Lawrence Avenue. (Trail, from Kasold to Monterey Way, will be part of Phase I.)
- 27th Court.
- 27th Street, from Lawrence to Atchison avenues. (27th, from Iowa to Louisiana streets, will be part of Phase I.)
- 27th Terrace, from Atchison Avenue to Lockridge Drive.
- Virginia Street, from 21st Street to Greever Terrace.
- Westdale Circle.
-- Mark Fagan's phone message number is 832-7188. His e-mail address is email@example.com.