Archive for Thursday, April 22, 1999


April 22, 1999


I got a speeding ticket, and the officer put the wrong street on it where I was caught. Would that void the ticket if I took it to court?

David Corliss, the city's director of legal services, said depending on the facts, a police officer has the authority to void a speeding ticket containing incorrect information on the citation.

"Again depending on the facts, a city prosecutor or the municipal judge may dismiss a speeding ticket based on incorrect information on the citation," he added. "Citizens who believe they have incorrect information on a citation should plead not guilty at their scheduled arraignment and then discuss their citation with a city prosecutor before the trial or make appropriate arguments before the municipal judge at trial."

Commenting has been disabled for this item.