A new map allows Lawrence residents to put 3,000 acres of parks and more than 60 miles of recreational paths and bike routes in their pockets.
The color map, "Recreational Paths in Lawrence," focuses on concrete, asphalt and dirt paths available in Lawrence for cyclists, hikers, joggers, walkers and others in town.
Also outlined: on-street bike routes through the city, plus cycling rules, path-use regulations and tips for cycling and walking in town. Each of the city's 40 parks also are indicated.
The free, pocket-sized maps are available at the following locations:
- Community Building, 115 W. 11th.
- East Lawrence Recreation Center, 1245 W. 15th.
- City hall, Sixth and Massachusetts, in first-floor lobby and fourth-floor office of parks and recreation.
- Holcom Recreation Center, 2700 W. 27th.
- Lawrence Chamber of Commerce, 734 Vt.
- Lawrence Public Library, 707 Vt.
- Lawrence Visitor Information Center, Union Pacific Depot, 402 N. Second.
- Local bike shops, including: Cycle Works, 1601 W. 23rd; Sunflower Outdoor & Bike Shop, 802 Mass.; and The Bike Shop, 818 Mass.