Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- Two Overland Park men who were fishing Tuesday near the Rock Creek boat ramp at Clinton State Lake told Douglas County sheriff's officials that someone smashed a window of the Nissan Pathfinder they had driven to the lake and stole golf clubs, sunglasses, fishing rods and other items valued together at $1,750. The incident occurred between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m., a report said. Undersheriff Kenny Massey said the sheriff's department has received a couple of complaints recently about auto burglaries in that area.
- A 66-year-old Lawrence man reported a four-wheel flatbed trailer stolen between 10 a.m. March 31 and 10 a.m. April 1 from Seventh and Riverfront Road. The man reported the theft to police on Tuesday and valued the trailer at $1,500.
- Fishing rods, golf clubs and other items valued on a sheriff's report at $1,750 were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 500 section of North 975 Road.
- Robert Joseph Davis, a city Public Works employee injured last Thursday while working near the Kansas River, was in good condition Wednesday at Lawrence Memorial Hospital, officials said.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Steam/gas mistaken as smoke, 11:09 p.m. Tuesday, 1632 Engel.
- Smoke scare, 8:01 p.m. Tuesday, 1 Gower Pl.
- System malfunction, 4:35 p.m. Tuesday, 1920 Constant.
- False call, 8:43 a.m. Tuesday, 2330 Packer.
- Medical emergency, no transport, 7:29 a.m. Wednesday, 500 block of Fireside.
- Medical emergency, 6:27 a.m. Wednesday, 300 block of Cattleman.
- Person seen, no help needed, 4:21 a.m. Wednesday, 1300 block of West 24th.
- Medical emergency, no transport, 2:21 a.m. Wednesday, 1700 block of West 19th.
- Medical emergency, 12:17 a.m. Wednesday, 3200 block of Peterson.
- Medical emergency, 6:02 p.m. Tuesday, 1800 block of West 27th.
- Medical emergency, 3:10 p.m. Tuesday, 2600 block of West 25th.
- Medical emergency, 1:50 p.m. Tuesday, 2000 block of West Sixth.
- Medical emergency, 1:13 p.m. Tuesday, 900 block of West 23rd.
- Person seen, no transport, 1:02 p.m. Tuesday, 300 block of Indiana.
- Injury accident, no extrication, 11:21 a.m. Tuesday, 400 section of Kansas Highway 56, Baldwin.
- Person seen, no transport, 11:15 a.m. Tuesday, 900 block of East 800 Road.
- Nonemergency patient transfer, 11:08 a.m. Tuesday, 300 block of Maine.
- Medical emergency, no transport, 10:12 a.m. Tuesday, 2800 block of Four Wheel.
- Patient transfer, 7:08 a.m. Tuesday, 300 block of Maine.
- Patient transfer, 6:50 a.m. Tuesday, 300 block of Maine.