Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A 22-year-old Kansas University student reported that a window of a vehicle had been broken out and a compact disc holder and several compact discs were taken between 12:30 a.m. and 8:06 a.m. March 23 in the 1900 block of Maine. The estimated damage and loss was $1620.
- A John Deere 430 tractor and other items were reported stolen between 2 p.m. March 27 and 9:30 a.m. March 28 from Brandon Wood, 1501 Inverness. The estimated loss was $6,850.
- A 41-year-old Lawrence man reported a Noika cellular phone and other items, valued at a total of $1,656, from a home in the 1200 block of Vantuyl between 6 a.m. March 21 and 5 p.m. March 28.
- A citizen overheard three men talking about breaking into cars in the 500 block of Fireside around 10 p.m. Thursday and called the Lawrence police. After police arrived, they found two men and a juvenile with burglary tools and marijuana. Two cars had been broken into, but nothing had been taken from them yet.
- Kayla Riley, a 36-year-old Lawrence resident, remained in fair condition Friday at the Kansas University Medical Center, where she is recovering from gunshot wounds she suffered March 21.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Spill/leak with no ignition, 1:20 a.m. Friday, 1105 Sturbridge.
- System malfunction, 12:54 a.m. Friday, 1467 Jayhawk.
- Good intent call, 12:45 p.m. Thursday, 200 W. 10th.
- System malfunction, 10:29 a.m. Thursday, 1450 Jayhawk.
- Brush fire, 10:04 p.m. Thursday, North 1700 Road.
- Spill/leak with no ignition, 9:45 a.m. Thursday, 4700 Overland.
- System malfunction, 9:15 a.m. Thursday, 2000 Bluffs.
- Medical emergency, 6:09 a.m. Friday, 3000 block of Haverone.
- Medical emergency, no transport, 5:55 a.m. Friday, 2000 block of Constant Ave.
- Medical emergency, no transport, 4:30 a.m. Friday, 1700 block of West 24th.
- Medical emergency, no transport, 4:05 a.m. Friday, 1000 block of Orchard, Baldwin.
- Medical emergency, 4:15 a.m. Friday, 1300 block of Ohio.
- Medical emergency, 2:58 a.m. Friday, 2100 block of Mitchell.
- Medical emergency, no transport, 1:30 a.m. Friday, 2400 block of Kresge.
- Medical emergency, 12:20 a.m. Friday, 1600 block of Irving Hill.
- Medical emergency, 11:39 p.m. Thursday, 800 block of Broadview.
- Medical emergency, 7:08 p.m. Thursday, 900 block of North Second.
- Medical emergency, 4:56 p.m. Thursday, 100 block of Bristol.
- Home accident, no transport, 3:33 p.m. Thursday, 1100 block of Dearborn.
- Medical emergency, 3:12 p.m. Thursday, 3800 block of Greenway.
- Medical emergency, 1:11 p.m. Thursday, 400 block of North Second.
- Slip or fall, 12:54 p.m. Thursday, 700 block of Vermont.
- Medical emergency, no transport, 12:23 p.m. Thursday, 1100 block of North Third.
- Medical emergency, 12:20 p.m. Thursday, 3500 block of Clinton Parkway.
- Medical emergency, 9:49 a.m. Thursday, 2900 block of Haskell.
- Emergency transfer, 9:24 a.m. Thursday, 300 block of Maine.
- Medical emergency, 8:10 a.m. Thursday, 800 block of Michigan.
- Injury accident, no extrication, 7:16 a.m. Thursday, 100 block of North 300 Road.
- Medical emergency, 7:06 a.m. Thursday, 1500 block of Inverness.