Burglaries and thefts reported
- Golf clubs and a golf bag valued at $1,300 were reported stolen between noon and 3 p.m. Oct. 16 from the 1600 block of Crossgate.
- Two city of Lawrence parking meters were stolen between Oct. 15 and Monday. One meter was in a lot in the 800 block of New Hampshire and the other one was in the 100 block of East 10th. They were valued at $500 each.
- Retta Gates, 17, Lawrence, was treated and released from Lawrence Memorial Hospital after an accident at North 1700 Road and East 1150 Road near Martin Park. The accident occurred at 6:10 p.m. Tuesday when Gates stopped at a stop sign and pulled in front of another vehicle driven by Heather McCullough, 17, Lawrence. Douglas County Sheriff's reports indicate McCullough and a 16-year-old female passenger were taken to LMH, but hospital officials said they had no record of them being treated.
- Molly A. Meier, 28, was in serious condition Wednesday night at the Overland Park Regional Medical Center following a Monday night rollover accident on Kansas Highway 10. Passengers Stacy Beavers, 24, was in fair condition at the Kansas University Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan., and Rebecca L. Meier, 28, was released from Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- David Fought, 24, was in fair condition Wednesday night at the KU Medical Center. He was injured in a one-vehicle accident Monday night near Oak Hill and Prairie avenues when his car left the road and rolled.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Good intention call, 11:55 a.m. Tuesday, 300 block of Johnson.
- Unintentional alarm, 9:38 a.m. Tuesday, 1600 block of Edgehill.
- Vehicle accident, 4:38 a.m. Wednesday, 100 section of U.S. 59, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 11:37 p.m. Tuesday, 1500 block of Inverness.
- Slip or fall, 8:44 p.m. Tuesday, 2700 block of Rawhide, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 7:57 p.m. Tuesday, 1600 block of Vermont.
- Vehicle accident, 6:16 p.m. Tuesday, 3700 block of Peterson.
- Medical emergency, 4:16 p.m. Tuesday, 400 block of Maine.
- Vehicle accident, 3:34 p.m. Tuesday, 300 block of West Ninth.
- Medical emergency, 3:06 p.m. Tuesday, 1600 block of Engel.
- Medical emergency, 2:33 p.m. Tuesday, 2400 block of Louisiana.
- Nonemergency transfer, 1:58 p.m. Tuesday, 1500 block of Alvamar.
- Person seen, no help needed, 11:44 a.m. Tuesday, 1900 block of East 19th.