Burglaries and thefts reported
- Cash in the amount of $2,000 was reported stolen between 9:30 p.m. Tuesday and 3:45 a.m. Wednesday from Wheatfields Bakery, 904 Vt. The suspect in the theft is not known, an employee of the business reported to police.
- A 1990 silver Izuzu pickup valued on a police report at $5,000 was reported stolen between 5:30 p.m. and 11:15 p.m. Wednesday from the 700 block of East Ninth.
- A 1997 white Ford Escort valued on a police report at $8,000 was reported stolen between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Oct. 4 from Laird Noller Ford, 23rd and Alabama. The theft was reported to police Wednesday and made public Saturday.
- A compact disc player and amplifier valued on a police report at $1,000 were reported stolen between 9 p.m. Sept. 29 and 8 a.m. Sept. 30 from a vehicle in the 2400 block of Crestline. A door lock on the vehicle also sustained an estimated $100 in damage, police reported. The theft and burglary were reported to police Wednesday and made public Saturday.
- A glue gun, saw and other items valued on a police report at $2,536 were reported stolen between noon Sept. 10 and 1 p.m. Oct. 10 from a residence in the 3300 block of Iowa.
- Police are investigating an incident in which a 19-year-old Lawrence man reported three men broke into his apartment and robbed him at gunpoint about 4:10 a.m. Oct. 10. The man reported the three suspects were wielding a shotgun when they entered his residence in the 1100 block of Tennessee and stole cash, 100 compact discs and other items. The victim was not injured, police said. The man reported the incident about 4 p.m. the next day. Police made the report public Saturday.
- Douglas County Sheriff's detectives on Saturday afternoon arrested a 27-year-old Baldwin man on a charge of rape. The man was booked into the Douglas County Jail at 3:15 p.m. and was being held without bond on Saturday night. Additional information was not immediately available.
- Douglas County Sheriff's detectives on Saturday morning arrested a 32-year-old Lecompton man on a charge of aggravated indecent liberties with a child. The man was booked into the Douglas County Jail at 1:04 a.m. and was being held without bond Saturday night. Additional information was not available.
- System malfunction, 10:41 p.m. Friday, 821 W. 22nd.
- System malfunction, 8:37 p.m. Friday, 1301 Miss.
- Good intent call, 8:26 p.m. Friday, 1410 Kasold.
- Lock-in, 8:22 p.m. Friday, 1603 W. 15th.
- Smoke report, 5:47 p.m. Friday, 1145 La.
- Spill/leak, 5:25 p.m. Friday, 1030 W. 11th.
- Service call, 3:49 p.m. 325 Maine.
- Smoke report, 11:41 a.m. Friday, 2222 Iowa.
- Spill/leak, 11:12 a.m. Friday, 946 Mass.
- Spill/leak, 9:35 a.m. Friday, 2301 La.
- Medical emergency, 3:59 a.m. Saturday, 4800 block of Innsbrook.
- Fall, 2:45 a.m. Saturday, 900 block of Connecticut.
- Automobile accident, 2:28 a.m. Saturday, U.S. Highway 40.
- Assault, 2:28 a.m. Saturday, 1200 block of Oread, no transport.
- False alarm, 2:27 a.m. Saturday, 700 block of Vermont, no transport.
- False alarm, 12:55 a.m. Saturday, 1100 block of West Sixth, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 11:47 p.m. Friday, 2200 block of Harper, no transport.
- Automobile accident, 8:44 p.m. Friday, 1000 block of East 23rd.
- Fall, 8:40 p.m. Friday, 400 block of Illinois.
- Event standby, 6:53 p.m. Friday, 1600 block of Naismith, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 6:47 p.m. Friday, 1700 block of Barker.
- Event stand-by, 6:30 p.m. Friday, 100 block of Indian, no transport.
- Nonemergency transport, 5:29 p.m. Friday, 300 block of Maine.
- Medical emergency, 4:39 p.m. Friday, 2100 block of Marvonne.
- Medical emergency, 4:04 p.m. Friday, 2200 block of West 31st.
- Nonemergency transfer, 4:03 p.m. Friday, 1200 block of Orchard.
- Medical emergency, 3:40 p.m. Friday, 1900 block of West 31st.
- Nonemergency transport, 2:40 p.m. Friday, 300 block of Maine.
- Medical emergency, 1:56 p.m. Friday, 1000 block North 1200 Road.
- Emergency transfer, 11:03 a.m. Friday, 1400 block of Maple.