Burglaries and thefts reported
- A car was reported broken into between midnight and 1:40 a.m. Tuesday outside a bar in the 500 block of North Ninth. With damage to passenger side window and a compact disc player, 63 stolen compact discs and other lost or stolen items, the loss was estimated at $1,995.
- A Clarion compact disc player, 60 compact discs, Oakley sunglasses, an amplifier and speakers were stolen between 11:30 p.m. and 10:30 a.m. Wednesday from a vehicle in the 2000 block of Stewart Avenue. Total loss was $1,960.
- A Motorola portable radio valued at $800 was reported lost or stolen from the Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical. Sgt. George Wheeler of the Lawrence Police Department said the radio was apparently left on the back of a vehicle at 1 p.m. on Sept. 30. The police report, which was made available Friday, listed ``city at large'' as the location of the incident.
- A total of 160 compact discs valued at $2,560 were reported stolen between 2 a.m. Oct. 3 and Tuesday from a car in the 900 block of Avalon.
- A Lawrence woman reported her front door was damaged by fire between 2 a.m. and 10 a.m. Thursday in the 1300 block of Vermont. Sgt. George Wheeler said someone poured a flammable liquid on the door and lit it with a match. The damage was minor, Wheeler said; a $50 bike was stolen from the porch.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Timothy Barnes, Nortonville, was treated and released from Lawrence Memorial Hospital after an industrial accident Friday at PackerWare Inc., 2300 Packer Rd. Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical officials said Barnes got caught in machinery at the plant. Packer spokesman Kevin Woods was unavailable for comment Friday afternoon after the 11 a.m. accident, and other Packer officials declined comment.
- Fire outside structure, 1:14 a.m. Friday, 1204 Ky.; a recliner on a sidewalk burned. No one was injured.
- False alarm, 1:08 a.m. Friday, 1910 Haskell Ave.
- Good intent call, 10:30 p.m. Thursday, 1802 W. 21st Terr.
- Arcing/shorted electrical equipment, 8:42 p.m. Thursday, 937 Mass.
- Unintentional false alarm, 7:28 p.m. Thursday, 1429 Kasold Ave.
- Unintentional false alarm, 12:13 p.m. Thursday, 155 Indian Ave.
- Vehicle accident, 2:08 a.m. Friday, 900 block of Massachusetts.
- Medical emergency, 1:28 a.m. Friday, 3500 block of Riverview Road.
- Medical emergency, 8:24 p.m. Thursday, 2500 block of Redbud Lane.
- Medical emergency, 6 p.m. Thursday, 1400 block of Maple, Eudora.
- Medical emergency, 5:27 p.m. Thursday, 1200 section of East 2200 Road, Eudora.
- Medical emergency, 4:29 p.m. Thursday, 100 block of Dearborn Ct., Baldwin.
- Non-emergency transfer, 3:12 p.m. Thursday, from Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Slip or fall, 12:23 p.m. Thursday, 100 block of Indian Ave.
- Vehicle accident, 11:26 a.m. Thursday, 300 block of North Second.
- Medical emergency, 10:48 a.m. Thursday, 4700 Block of Balmoral Drive.