* Bryan Dee Phillips, 32, was arrested by Baldwin police on charges of possession of methamphetamines, possession of drug paraphernalia, obstruction of the legal process and fleeing/eluding a law enforcement officer. Phillips is listed as a transient on Douglas County Jail records. He was booked into the jail at 10:29 a.m. Wednesday, and released at 1:42 p.m. after posting $3,750 bond.
- James Daniel Shoemaker, 20, Eudora, was arrested on warrants for possession with intent to sell marijuana, two counts of possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana, contributing to child misconduct and no tax stamp. He was booked into the Douglas County Jail at 9:35 a.m. Wednesday, and released at 5:31 p.m. on his own recognizance.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Alarm system malfunction, 2:38 a.m. Wednesday, 1425 Jayhawk.
- Vehicle accident, 5:44 p.m. Tuesday, 983 North 300 Road.
- Unintentional false alarm, 3:58 p.m. Tuesday, 1800 Naismith.
- Unintentional false alarm, 3:53 p.m. Tuesday, 1846 Mass.
- Smoke scare, 12:53 p.m. Tuesday, 1445 Jayhawk.
- Smoke scare, 12:52 p.m. Tuesday, 807 Ariz.
- Medical emergency, 6:20 a.m. Wednesday, 3300 block of Iowa.
- Assault, 2:22 a.m. Wednesday, 1700 block of Kentucky.
- Assault, 11:37 p.m. Tuesday, 2400 block of West Sixth, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 9:56 p.m. Tuesday, 1800 block of Naismith.
- Medical emergency, 8:36 p.m. Tuesday, 1800 block of Alvamar Drive.
- Medical emergency, 5:44 p.m. Tuesday, 1200 block of Schwegler.
- Home accident, 4:15 p.m. Tuesday, 400 block of Yorkshire.
- Medical emergency, 1:54 p.m. Tuesday, 2900 block of Haskell.
- Medical emergency, 12:36 p.m. Tuesday, 500 block of Elm.
- Medical emergency, 11:46 a.m. Tuesday, 1700 block of Massachusetts.
- Medical emergency, 8:54 a.m. Tuesday, 1300 block of Pennsylvania.
Criminal charges filed
- Steven Joe Lowe, 43, Olathe, was charged with nine counts of making a false writing, two counts of conspiracy to make a false writing and possession of stolen property. He was in the Douglas County Jail on $10,000 bond. Police said Lowe is a suspect in a forgery case involving checks stolen from the H&R; Block company in Kansas City, Kan. Checks totaling more than $50,000 were stolen from the company, police spokesman Sgt. George Wheeler said, and some were cashed at Lawrence Dillon's, Commerce Bank and the Commerce Bank at Hy-Vee, 3504 Clinton Parkway. Wheeler said the stolen checks were altered to show a different beneficiary and amount of money, and they began showing up in September. Police are searching for another suspect in the case.
Craig A. Stancliffe, Lawrence, and Elizabeth J.L. Stancliffe, Lawrence.
Barbara K. Johannes, Lawrence, and Kenneth R. Johannes, Lawrence.
Diane C. James, Lawrence, and Timothy Joe James, Lawrence.
Terry L. Erickson, Lawrence, and Connie S. Erickson, Gardner.
Wanda L. Vickery, Lawrence, and James N. Vickery, unknown.
Shannon Lee Massoth, Lawrence, and John Henry Massoth, Lawrence.
Vanessa Kay Hamm, Eudora, and Michael Allen Hamm, Lawrence.
Cindi L. Payne, Eudora, and Sheldon M. Payne, Eudora.
Tim Herndon, Lawrence, and Maria Herndon, Lawrence.
Christie D. Burkhart, Lawrence, and Andrew Floyd Sneary, Lawrence.
Marilyn S. Thompson, Lawrence, and Charles W. McLaughlin, Lincoln, Neb.
Clifford M. Kniesly, Olathe, and Janice P. Kniesly, Olathe.
Richard D. Hamilton, Lawrence, and Susan L. Hamilton, Lawrence.
John R. Lowther II, Lawrence, and Natalya M. Lowther, Lawrence.