Burglaries and thefts reported
- A house was reportedly burglarized between 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Thursday in the 1700 section of East 700 Road. Forty compact discs, a stereo, three shotguns, computer discs, two bottles of liquor, a broken revolver, several pieces of clothing and a jar of coins were reported stolen, with a total loss of $3,640.
- A tactical vest and a bulletproof vest were reported taken between 11 a.m. and 9:45 p.m. Wednesday from a car in the 1400 section of East 660 Road. The loss was $1,000.
- An air compressor, 200 feet of rubber decompresser hose and other items were reported stolen between 11 a.m. Nov. 2 and 10 p.m. Friday from the 1100 block of Pennsylvania. The loss was $1,155.
- A Pontiac four-door with a 35-millimeter camera in it was reported stolen between 12:01 a.m. and 10 a.m. Nov. 8 in the 1700 block of West 23rd, with a total loss of $4,400. The car was recovered Wednesday.
- Kansas University police arrested Frederico Castro Samuel, 19, Lawrence, on Saturday on charges of theft greater than $500 and less than $25,000, possession of stolen property, possession of marijuana first offense and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was booked at 8:10 p.m. into Douglas County Jail, where he was being held Saturday night on $3,000 bond.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Smoke scare, 5:29 p.m. Friday, 900 block of Madeline.
- Smoke scare, 4:39 p.m. Friday, 1400 block of Jayhawk.
- Vehicle fire, 4:10 p.m. Friday, 900 block of Vermont.
- Smoke scare, 10:10 a.m. Friday, 900 block of Vermont.
- False call, 8:27 a.m. Friday, 100 block of Indian.
- System malfunction, 7:36 a.m. Friday, 1500 block of Irving Hill.
- Medical emergency, 4:53 a.m. Saturday, 1600 block of Kentucky.
- Nonemergency transfer, 1:05 a.m. Saturday, Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Slip or fall, 10:55 p.m. Friday, 1400 block of Maple in Eudora.
- Medical emergency, 10:44 p.m. Friday, 1400 block of Alumni.
- Assault, 9:52 p.m. Friday, 300 block of Eisenhower in Baldwin.
- Medical emergency, 9:22 p.m. Friday, 3200 block of Cardinal.
- Medical emergency, 9:04 p.m. Friday, 1000 block of Massachusetts.
- Nonemergency transfer, 8:27 p.m. Friday, Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Slip or fall, 7:45 p.m. Friday, first block of East Seventh.
- Medical emergency, 6:19 p.m. Friday, 2500 block of Redbud; no transport.
- Medical emergency, 6:02 p.m. Friday, 200 block of North Michigan.
- Stand by at event, 5:26 p.m. Friday, 1600 block of Naismith.
- Vehicle accident, 3:13 p.m. Friday, 800 block of Connecticut; one person transported.
- Person seen, no help needed, 2:06 p.m. Friday, 900 block of North Second.
- Person seen, no help needed, 1:58 p.m. Friday, 1400 block of Jayhawk.
- Nonemergency transfer, 1:14 p.m. Friday, Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Nonemergency transfer, 10:34 a.m. Friday, Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Medical call, 9:56 a.m. Friday, 600 block of Whitefield in Lecompton.
- Slip or fall, 7:18 a.m. Friday, 3200 block of Peterson.