Burglaries and thefts reported
- A JVC car stereo, cellular phone, 40 compact discs, a wallet and other items were stolen between 12 a.m. and 1:05 a.m. Thursday from a pickup truck parked in the 2500 block of West Sixth. Damage to a window and door of the truck was $400.
- Two checks written for a total of $1,350 were reported stolen between Oct. 8 and 9:30 a.m. Nov. 3 from a residence in the 1400 block of Haskell Avenue.
- A 1994 dark green Ford Thunderbird valued on a police report at $8,800 was stolen between 8:30 p.m. Tuesday and 7:15 a.m. Wednesday from the 1200 block of East 23rd.
- A 1987 gold BMW 325I valued on a police report at $5,000 was stolen between 7 p.m. Tuesday and 10:30 a.m. Wednesday from Motorsport, 646 N. Third.
- A men's gold ring with diamonds and other items valued on a police report at $2,022 were taken between 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. Wednesday from the 1700 block of Maple Lane.
- Police arrested four people Wednesday afternoon after they allegedly broke into a house in the 900 block of Louisiana. Police said the four are transients who had been living in the house. The suspects, who Thursday night remained in the Douglas County Jail on $500 bonds each, are Tony Porphir, 18, Avery Lominska, 19, James Hanney, 19, and Sarah Johnson, 18. They were charged with burglary, theft and criminal damage to property. According to police, they allegedly stole a fire extinguisher from the house.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Smoke scare, 2:15 a.m. Thursday, 155 Indian Ave.
- Spill-leak, 11:18 p.m. Wednesday, 1541 N.H.
- Vehicle fire, 4:06 p.m. Wednesday, 719 Ala.
- Smoke scare, 3:01 p.m. Wednesday, 422 W. 11th.
- Unintentional false alarm, 8:44 a.m. Wednesday, 100 W. Sixth.
- Medical emergency, 11:58 p.m. Wednesday, 1000 block of College Boulevard.
- Person seen, no help needed, 10:10 p.m. Wednesday, 700 Section of North 1532 Road.
- Medical emergency, 9:50 p.m. Wednesday, 900 section of North 500 Road.
- Medical emergency, 9:28 p.m. Wednesday, 1700 block of Massachusetts.
- Medical emergency, 8:34 p.m. Wednesday, 1900 block of East 19th.
- Sports accident, 6:17 p.m. Wednesday, 1900 block of Louisiana.
- Medical emergency, 11:13 a.m. Wednesday, 200 block of Illinois.
- Medical emergency, 10:59 a.m. Wednesday, 400 block of East Fifth, Lecompton.
- Nonemergency transfer, 10:53 a.m. Wednesday, 900 block of Seventh.
- Emergency transfer, 9:57 a.m. Wednesday, from the 300 block of Maine.
- Nonemergency transfer, 9:38 a.m. Wednesday, from the 300 block of Maine.
- Medical emergency, 9:22 a.m. Wednesday, 2500 block of Redbud Lane.
Marriage licenses issued
Charles Robert Sanford, 27, Lawrence, and Adrienne Therese Boyd, 28, Lawrence.
Anthony Paul Case, 25, Lawrence, and Sossina Negash, 25, Lawrence.
Tony Lee Mims, 33, Lawrence, and Kim Marie Sanders, 20, Lawrence.
John D. Dickerman, 48, Lawrence, and Jennifer P. Allen, 43, Lawrence.
Jonathan Herbert Bruning, 27, Lawrence, and Laura L. Buhr, 28, Lawrence.
Mark Stewart Randel, 42, Tonganoxie, and Linda Karen Schwarzer, 40, Lawrence.
Rich W. Godbold, 29, Lawrence, and Kristine K. Matlock, 27, Lawrence.
Katherine Alyce Begay, 27, Lawrence, and Westly Whitman, 35, Lawrence.
Chris P. Casagrande, 32, Eudora, and Natalie Higgins, 25, Eudora.