Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A riding lawnmower valued at $4,500 was reported stolen from the Holiday Hills Church of the Nazarene, 1020 Kasold, between 7 p.m. Saturday and 9:30 a.m. Sunday.
- A 1993 Nissan Quest valued at $12,000 was reported stolen from the 300 block of Indiana between 7 p.m. Monday and 6 a.m. Tuesday.
- A television and cordless phone valued at $1,454 were reported stolen from a residence in the 1500 block of Harper between 7:30 a.m. and 8 a.m. Monday.
- A 12-inch speaker and stereo system valued at a total of $785 were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1600 block of University between 5 p.m. May 5 and 10:30 a.m. May 7. A side window also was broken, causing $120 in damage.
- Currency and other items valued on a police report at $1,215 were stolen between 1 a.m. and 8:45 a.m. Tuesday from a vehicle in the 2500 block of Ousdahl. Access to the vehicle was gained by breaking a passenger window, police reported.
- The windshield and rear window on an Acura Integra parked in the 2300 block of West Sixth were broken between 2 a.m. and 3:15 a.m. Wednesday, causing $1,500 in damage.
- Allen Renaldo Turner, 18, Lawrence, was arrested for sexual battery after allegedly touching a 23-year-old Lawrence woman on the buttocks in the parking lot of Dillons, 1740 Mass., at 1 p.m. Tuesday. He was released from the Douglas County Jail Wednesday afternoon on his own recognizance. He is scheduled to appear in court at 1:30 p.m. May 20.
- Windows on a Ford Probe in the 1400 block of Tennessee were reported broken between 3 p.m. Saturday and 3 p.m. Monday, causing $2,063 in damage.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Spill, 1:56 a.m. Wednesday, 1700 block of West 23rd.
- Alarm system malfunction, 12:17 a.m. Wednesday, 2300 block of West 26th.
- Structure fire, 10:42 p.m. Tuesday, 1800 block of Tennessee.
- Alarm system malfunction, 7:52 p.m. Tuesday, 2400 block of Kresge.
- Alarm system malfunction, 5:13 p.m. Tuesday, 400 block of West 11th.
- Rescue call, 3:46 p.m. Tuesday, 3000 block of West Sixth.
- Unintentional false alarm, 2:58 p.m. Tuesday, 1700 block of Engel Road.
- False call, 10:42 a.m. Tuesday, 2300 section of North 400 Road.
- Alarm system malfunction, 10:01 a.m. Tuesday, 1200 block of Sunnyside Avenue.
- Medical emergency, 12:48 a.m. Wednesday, 900 section of East 2000 Road, Eudora.
- Medical emergency, 12:02 a.m. Wednesday, 1800 block of River Ridge Road.
- Medical emergency, 11:31 p.m. Tuesday, 1100 block of Oak, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 8:58 p.m. Tuesday, 700 block of Alabama.
- Fall, 7:48 p.m. Tuesday, 1000 block of Orchard Lane, Baldwin, no transport.
- Work accident, 6 p.m. Tuesday, first block of West Ninth.
- Emergency transfer, 3:49 p.m. Tuesday, from the 1800 block of West 27th.
- Nonemergency transfer, 3:28 p.m. Tuesday, from Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Vehicle accident, 2:54 p.m. Tuesday, first block of East Eighth.
- Medical emergency, 2:33 p.m. Tuesday, 1900 block of East 19th.
- Fall, 2:17 p.m. Tuesday, 1500 block of Inverness.
- Medical emergency, 10:20 a.m. Tuesday, 300 block of Maine.
- Nonemergency transfer, 9:02 a.m. Tuesday, from the 3000 block of West 31st.
- Vehicle accident, 8:58 a.m. Tuesday, 1800 section of North 1325 Road, Eudora, no transport.