Burglaries and thefts reported
- A television, camera, stereo system and hand tools, valued at $1,900, were reported stolen from a storage unit at 2910 Iowa between Oct. 31 and Wednesday.
- A JVC compact disc player and Alpine amplifier, valued at $1,200, were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 2200 block of West 26th between 1:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Wednesday.
- A Kenwood compact disc player and a radar detector valued at $1,600 were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 2100 block of West 29th at 9 p.m. Tuesday.
- Three handguns and other items valued at $1,650 were reported stolen between noon April 24 and 5:30 p.m. April 26 from a residence in the 1200 block of Vantuyl Drive.
- A 43-year-old man with stab wounds in his back showed up just after 9 p.m. Friday in the emergency room of Lawrence Memorial Hospital. Police said he refused to give them any information about how he was wounded. Randy Hoover was admitted to the hospital and was listed in fair condition Friday night.
- Police have concluded their investigation into reports that a 9-year-old Lawrence girl and her 8-year-old sister were molested by a friend of their parents. The alleged abuse occurred during a six-month period that ended when an official with the Department of Social and Rehabilitation Services reported the case on April 1. Police have interviewed the 30-year-old suspect and forwarded reports to the Douglas County District Attorney's office. Police declined to say where the suspect's home is, other than to say he is not from Lawrence. The district attorney's office had not decided on charges by Friday, when the report was made public. The abuse allegedly occurred in the mobile home park where the girls live.
- Police reports state that $1,000 worth of criminal damage was done between 10 p.m. Wednesday and 5 a.m. Thursday to the paint on a 1995 Acura Legend in the 3100 block of Tomahawk.