Advertisement

Archive for Sunday, March 22, 1998

PROPANE TANK FIRE DAMAGES HOME

March 22, 1998

Advertisement

A small propane tank on a barbecue grill malfunctioned Tuesday, damaging a Lawrence home.

Battalion Chief Bill Stark with Douglas County Fire & Medical said that the tank malfunctioned, shooting flames and damaging the metal siding of a home at 2418 La. It also burned a lawn chair.

Emergency personnel were called to the scene at 6:37 p.m. Tuesday. Stark said the flames were quickly put out. The total damage was estimated at $750.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.