* Lawrence police arrested Jennifer Emory, 21, Lawrence, and three other Lawrence residents after they allegedly attempted to cash stolen checks Wednesday night at Quick Cash, 1401 W. Sixth. Emory was booked into the Douglas County Jail on 18 counts of possession of stolen property and a count of conspiracy to commit forgery. She was being held on $23,000 bond. Also arrested were Belinda Pettit, 19, on a count of conspiracy to commit forgery; Kelly Allen, 19, on a count each of forgery and possession of stolen property; and Travis Savage, 20, on a count of forgery. Their bonds ranged from $2,000 to $3,500. All were being held Wednesday night in the Douglas County Jail. Police said several checks that were reported stolen from an Ottawa business on Tuesday night were seized. The arrests were made after an employee of the check-cashing business called police.
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A black 1997 Mazda pickup valued on a police report at $13,000 was stolen between 1 p.m. and 4:15 p.m. Tuesday from the 700 block of West Sixth.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Smoke scare, 9:46 a.m. Tuesday, 1800 block of Meadowlark.
- Medical emergency, 7:07 p.m. Wednesday, 1800 block of Maine.
- Medical emergency, 5:05 p.m. Wednesday, 300 block of Maine.
- Medical emergency, 4:29 p.m. Wednesday, 1100 block of Vermont.
- Medical emergency, 3:09 p.m. Wednesday, 1300 block of Wakarusa.
- Medical emergency, 2:55 p.m. Wednesday, 1900 block of West 23rd.
- Automobile accident, 2:35 p.m. Wednesday, 300 section of East 550 Road.
- Medical emergency, 1:14 p.m. Wednesday, 1600 block of Carmel.
- Medical emergency, 12:28 p.m. Wednesday, 200 block of Park.
- Medical emergency, 11:01 a.m. Wednesday, 300 block of Maine.
- Medical emergency, 10:44 a.m. Wednesday, 1700 block of Massachusetts.
- Medical emergency, 9:30 p.m. Wednesday, 300 block of West Ninth.
- Automobile accident, 7:58 p.m. Wednesday, 3100 block of Iowa.
- Medical emergency, 1:16 a.m. Wednesday, 1200 section of County Road 1094.
- Nonemergency transfer, 4:14 p.m. Tuesday, from the 1000 block of Rhode Island.
- Nonemergency transfer, 2:49 p.m. Tuesday, 1400 block of Maple, Eudora.
- Medical emergency, 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, 1000 block of Mississippi.
- Vehicle accident, 8:42 a.m. Tuesday, 1800 section of East 1450 Road.
- Medical emergency, 8:20 a.m. Tuesday, 3700 block of Clinton Parkway.