* Jimmy Lee Johnson Jr., 17, Lawrence, was arrested for aggravated assault and battery Saturday afternoon, according to Douglas County Jail records. Johnson was released to the custody of a police officer 15 minutes after being booked into the jail, according to records. Details about the arrest were not available Saturday night.
- David A. Yoe was in serious condition Saturday night at the Overland Park Regional Medical Center. Yoe, 14, was hit by a minivan when he apparently tried to cross 31st Street between Louisiana Street and Haskell Avenue on his bicycle June 16.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Power line down, 1:13 p.m. Friday, 1206 W. 23rd.
- Unintentional false alarm, 12:52 p.m. Friday, Lawrence Riverfront Factory Outlet.
- Medical emergency, 3:21 a.m. Saturday, 1300 block of East 21st.
- Medical emergency, 2:45 a.m. Saturday, 1600 block of Kentucky.
- Medical emergency, 7:27 p.m. Friday, 300 block of Elmore, Lecompton.
- Medical emergency, 5:57 p.m. Friday, U.S. Highway 56, Wellsville.
- Medical emergency, 4:11 p.m. Friday, 1000 block of East 19th.
- Medical emergency, 2:06 p.m. Friday, 1200 block of Iowa.
- Medical emergency, 1:22 p.m. Friday, 1500 block of Inverness.
- Medical emergency, 12:42 p.m. Friday, 1500 block of Inverness.
- Medical emergency, 10:40 a.m. Friday, 1500 block of Inverness.