Burglaries and thefts reported
- A stereo and other items reportedly were stolen between 5:30 p.m. Monday and 8 a.m. Tuesday from a 1989 Mercury Tracer in the 500 block of Gateway. Loss was $1,740, and damage to the vehicle was $400.
- The Lawrence Humane Society was called about a cruelty to animals report in the 2200 block of Harper. According to a police report, witnesses reported a dog was left with inadequate amounts of water over a 3 1/2 month period, beginning in March.
- A 1984 GMC pickup truck sustained paint damage estimated at $1,000 between 4 p.m. June 11 and 9 a.m. Saturday.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- System malfunction, 1:40 a.m. Wednesday, 1400 block of Jayhawk.
- Smoke scare, 12:38 a.m. Wednesday, 1200 block of East 23rd.
- Lock-in, 12:32 a.m. Wednesday, 700 block of Massachusetts.
- Smoke scare, 11:06 p.m. Tuesday, 1800 block of Iowa.
- Malicious false call, 8:36 p.m. Tuesday, 2400 block of Louisiana.
- Spill or leak with no ignition, 8:24 p.m. Tuesday, 1200 block of Rhode Island.
- Structure fire, 6:01 p.m. Tuesday, 600 block of Michigan.
- System malfunction, 4:04 p.m. Tuesday, 4800 block of Tempe.
- Good intention call, 1:57 p.m. Tuesday, 900 block of Lawrence Ave.
- Unintentional alarm, 9:45 a.m. Tuesday, 1400 block of Kasold.
- Medical emergency, 10:21 p.m. Tuesday, 700 block of Walnut.
- Medical emergency, 9:11 p.m. Tuesday, 1100 block of Louisiana; no transport.
- Injury accident, 8:51 p.m. Tuesday, 600 block of Rockledge; no transport.
- Slip or fall, 8:13 p.m. Tuesday, 1700 block of Massachusetts.
- Slip or fall, 8:08 p.m. Tuesday, 1500 block of New Hampshire.
- Nonemergency transfer, 6:39 p.m. Tuesday, 300 block of Maine.
- Injury accident, 5:41 p.m. Tuesday, 900 block of East 31st; victim, David A. Yoe, 14, was flown to Overland Park Regional Medical Center by helicopter, remains in critical condition.
- Medical emergency, 4:22 p.m. Tuesday, 1400 block of Apple.
- Bicycle accident, 4:13 p.m. Tuesday, 800 section of East 1650 Road near Baldwin; no transport.
- Nonemergency transfer, 3:11 p.m. Tuesday, Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Medical emergency, 3:09 Tuesday, 1400 block of Kasold.
- Injury accident, 1:56 p.m. Tuesday, 700 block of Missouri.
- Medical emergency, 1:41 p.m. Tuesday, 1500 block of Cedar Street in Eudora; no transport.
- Medical emergency, 1:29 p.m. Tuesday, 400 block of West 12th Street in Eudora.
- Medical emergency, 11:28 a.m. Tuesday, 2000 block of Miller Drive.
- Slip or fall, 10:02 a.m. Tuesday, 800 block of Massachusetts; no transport.
- Slip or fall, 9:19 a.m. Tuesday, 1400 block of Kasold.
- Medical emergency, 8:05 a.m. Tuesday, 1700 block of Massachusetts.
Criminal case proceedings
- Richard A. Kingsley, 19, Lawrence, was sentenced to two years probation for burglary and theft. Kingsley was arrested last October, and will have to serve 12 months in prison if he breaks conditions of his probation.
- Andrew R. Coulter, 34, was sentenced to two years probation for burglary and unlawful use of weapons. Coulter, Lawrence, was arrested in March after a series of gunshots were heard over a two-week period in the vicinity of pharmacies. He was stopped by police, who found more than 2,000 stolen pills and a handgun. He was charged with burglarizing King Pharmacy, 1112 W. Sixth.