The six main elements in the Lawrence school board's proposed $16.6 million bond issue that will be placed before voters in the November general election:
- Construction of a three-section (three classes per grade) elementary school west of Wakarusa Drive. Estimated cost: $6 million
- Addition of a third section at Prairie Park School, 2711 Kensington. Estimated cost: $2.5 million.
- Construction of 50,000-square-feet of warehouse space. Estimated cost: $2.5 million, plus $600,000 for maintenance construction.
- Energy efficient upgrades throughout the district. Estimated cost: $3 million.
- Upgrading Pinckney School, 810 W. Sixth, to conform to the Americans with Disabilities Act. Estimated cost: $1 million.
- Remodeling of Woodlawn School, 508 Elm, in order to merge Grant School students into the North Lawrence building. The move closes Grant.