Twenty-five residential streets and two public parking lots will share more than 9,500 tons of new pavement this summer.
The annual list is set for repaving projects along Lawrence's residential streets.
Tonight, Lawrence city commissioners are expected to hire LRM Industries Inc. to pour 9,538 tons of new asphalt along 25 city streets and two city parking lots.
Terese Gorman, city engineer, said she expected the work to begin near the end of the month and be finished by Oct. 1. Affected residents already have been notified in writing, and they will receive written reminders on their front doors a day before actual work begins.
``The inconvenience will be primarily for one day,'' Gorman said. ``During that day, we would request your patience. We will try to get you in and out as soon possible, but at times it will be inconvenient.''
LRM crews already have been working on repaving projects for some of the city's major streets. On Saturday crews repaved 15th Street, from Haskell Avenue to Massachusetts Street, and are hoping this week to tackle Lawrence Avenue, from 27th to 31st streets.
Next week, crews are scheduled to start pouring new asphalt on Kasold Drive, from Sixth Street to Augusta Drive.
As always, all repaving work is dependent on weather, Gorman said.
Here's a rundown of the residential streets to be repaved as the summer wears on:
- Arrowhead Drive, from Princeton Boulevard to Peterson Road.
- Atchison Avenue, from 19th to 22nd streets.
- Atchison cul-de-sac, from Atchison west to cul-de-sac.
- Engel Road, from 15th Street to University Drive.
- Lazy Brook Lane, south from 25th Street.
- Lindenwood Lane, from 15th Street south to new pavement.
- Louisiana Street, from 11th to 13th streets.
- Marvonne and Melholland roads, from the frontage road to 19th Street.
- New Hampshire Street, from 10th to 11th streets.
- New Jersey Street, from 10th to 11th streets.
- 19th Court, from Marvonne Road to a cul-de-sac.
- Ninth Street, from Iowa Street to Rockledge Road.
- Oklahoma Street, from Utah Street to Parkhill Terrace.
- Redbud Lane, from 25th to 26th streets.
- Stratford Road, from Sunset Drive to Iowa streets.
- 10th Street, from Kasold Drive to Randall Road.
- 25th Terrace, from Lazy Brook Lane to Winterbrook Drive.
- 25th Street, from Jasu Drive to Arkansas Street, Lazy Brook Lane to Kasold Drive and Kasold east to a cul-de-sac.
- 27th Terrace, from Ousdahl Road east to the street's end.
- 26th Street, from Ridge Court to Iowa Street and Iowa to 27th Street.
- 22nd Street, from Marvonne Road to an area west of Melholland.
- Vermont Street, from 16th to 17th streets.
- Wedgewood Drive, from 15th Street south to new pavement.
- Winterbrook Drive, from 25th Terrace to Brush Creek Drive.
- Holcom Recreation Center parking lot.
- 800 block of Vermont Street parking lot.
-- Mark Fagan's phone message number is 832-7188. His e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.