Burglaries and thefts reported
- An Alpine tuner/compact disc player and 140 compact discs were reported stolen between 6 p.m. Thursday and 6:45 a.m. Friday from a vehicle in the 900 block of Eldridge. Loss was $1,750 and damage to a window on the vehicle was $150.
- Twelve golf clubs and other items valued at a total of $1,545 were reported stolen between June 7 and 3 p.m. Friday from a residence in the 1200 block of Stone Meadows Drive.
- Stereo equipment valued at $2,310 was reported stolen between 10 p.m. Thursday and 2:15 a.m. Friday from a vehicle in the 4500 block of Cedar Ridge. Damage to the vehicle was $100.
- A Capitol Federal check for $1,000 was forged on April 28, according to a report filed June 4.
- A ladder and other items were stolen between 12:10 a.m. and 7:50 a.m. Wednesday from a van belonging to Advantage Heating and Air Conditioning in the 800 block of West Eighth.
- A stolen 1985 GMC Sierra was recovered at 10:30 a.m. Friday in the 1400 block of East 24th. The value of the recovered pickup truck is unknown.
- Police arrested a 36-year-old Lawrence man for sexual exploitation of a child and possession of an open container at 1:26 p.m. Friday at Eighth and Kentucky streets. The suspect remained in the Douglas County Jail on Saturday night after his bond was set at $3,000 earlier in the day. Details of the arrest were not available on Saturday.
- Alarm system malfunction, 10:22 a.m. Friday, Lawrence Riverfront Plaza Factory Outlets.
- Smell of gas, 10:11 p.m. Friday, 1825 Wakarusa.
- False call, 4:32 a.m. Saturday, 2424 Melrose Ln.
- Unintentional false alarm, 4:09 a.m. Saturday, 2424 Melrose Ln.
- False call, 2:17 a.m. Saturday, 141 Maple.
- Medical emergency, 6:28 a.m. Saturday, 500 block of Canyon.
- Vehicle accident, 10:35 p.m. Friday, Shawnee County line, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 10:23 p.m. Friday, 700 block of Walnut.
- Medical emergency, 7:10 p.m. Friday, Kansas Turnpike.
- Vehicle accident, 7:02 p.m. Friday, Kansas Turnpike, mile post 192.
- Medical emergency, 6:41 p.m. Friday, 900 block of East 29th.
- Vehicle accident, 6:33 p.m. Friday, 1900 block of Louisiana, no transport.
- Non-emergency transfer, 2:17 p.m. Friday, from Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Person seen, no help needed, 10:58 a.m. Friday, 1300 block of Jayhawk, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 10:13 a.m. Friday, 900 block of North Seventh.
- Assault, 8:29 a.m. Friday, 100 block of Indian Avenue.
Marriage licenses issued
Jeffrey A. Cunningham, 21, Neodesha, and Amy Allen, age unavailable, St. John.
Shaun Adam Hickock, 18, Lawrence, and Tabitha J. Babboni, 17, Eudora.
David K. Petry, 31, Lawrence, and Kelly R. Meyeres, 27, Lawrence.
James S. Lathrom, 27, Lawrence, and Charlotte J. Root, 21, Lawrence.
Steven J. Wittbrod, 28, Richmond, Ind., and Brandy N. Mangum, 27, Lawrence.
Francis M. Glaser, 26, Lawrence, and Jill D. Earles, 24, Lawrence.
Everett James Ritchey, 50, Greensboro, N.C., and Marsha McMann Paludan, 56, Greensboro, N.C.
Marvin Branch, 33, New Prague, Minn., and Andrea Hoag, 27, New Prague, Minn.