Burglaries and thefts reported
- A Honda motorcycle was stolen between midnight Monday and 9:01 a.m. Tuesday from the 2100 block of Heatherwood. The motorcycle was later recovered, but it had been vandalized, police reported. Damage was listed at $4,000.
- Windows and other items valued on a police report at $3,500 were stolen between noon Friday and 7 a.m. Monday from a construction site in the 5000 block of Harvard.
- A 1978 Caprice Classic valued at $3,500 was reported stolen from the 1700 block of West 24th between 11:30 p.m. Monday and 4 a.m. Tuesday.
- A vehicle parked in the 2300 block of Harvard sustained $1,400 damage to a door and tires between 3 p.m. Friday and 9:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Eighty compact discs, a stereo and other property valued at $1,233 were reportedly stolen Friday in the 1100 block of Kentucky.
- A laptop computer, stereo and other items valued at $3,025 were reported stolen Thursday in the 3800 block of Clinton Parkway.
- Welding equipment, a ladder and miscellaneous property valued at $2,135 were reported stolen sometime between July 10 and Thursday from Crossroads Auto Works, 732 N. Second.
- A man was taken to Lawrence Memorial Hospital by ambulance Tuesday night after he lost control while riding a motorcycle about 10:25 p.m. at Kasold Avenue and Trail Road. The man's injuries were not considered life-threatening, officials said. He was traveling north on Kasold when the accident occurred. The man's name was not immediately available.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Structure fire, 10:55 p.m. Monday, 2917 Lawrence Ave.
- Spill/leak, 10:26 p.m. Monday, 3200 Iowa.
- Good intent call, 1:04 p.m. Monday, 1740 Mass.
- Chemical emergency, 11:13 and 11:08 a.m. Monday, 345 N. Iowa; smoke at Huaxiang Instruments was reported. The company was incinerating chemicals. There was no damage.
- Medical emergency, 5:10 a.m. Tuesday, 200 section of East 1100 Road.
- Vehicle accident, 11:57 p.m. Monday, 2100 section of County Road 1029, Lecompton.
- Medical emergency, 11:33 p.m. Monday, 600 block of Whitfield, Lecompton.
- Medical emergency, 10:15 p.m. Monday, 300 block of Pleasant.
- Medical emergency, 8:34 p.m. Monday, 1700 block of West 21st.
- Medical emergency, 5:48 p.m. Monday, 1100 block of Highland Drive.
- Vehicle accident, 4:58 p.m. Monday, 1000 section of East 1900 Road.
- Medical emergency, 3:42 p.m. Monday, 1800 block of West 27th, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 3:41 p.m. Monday, 700 block of East Ninth.
- Work accident, 12:03 p.m. Monday, 2300 block of Free State Lane.
- Non-emergency transfer, 11:20 a.m. Monday, 1500 block of Inverness Drive.
- Medical emergency, 10:12 a.m. Monday, Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Medical emergency, 8:54 a.m. Monday, 3300 block of Clinton Parkway.
- Person seen, no help needed, 7:33 a.m. Monday, 800 block of Missouri.
Criminal charges filed
- A 33-year-old Lawrence man was charged with aggravated sexual battery and was released from the Douglas County Jail on $10,000 bond on Tuesday afternoon. Police aren't releasing information on the incident at his residence that lead to his arrest. The alleged victim is a 29-year-old Lawrence female.
- Steven Walter Bell, 43, Lawrence, was charged with criminal trespassing and remained in the Douglas County Jail on $1,000 bond Tuesday night. Police said Bell was found at 12:19 a.m. Tuesday in a car parked in an apartment parking lot in the 1500 block of Kentucky. According to police, he had removed several items from two cars, including a leather pouch, an ice scraper, keys and a sports bag.