Advertisement

Archive for Friday, July 10, 1998

FIREWORKS SPARK FIRE ON APARTMENT DECK

July 10, 1998

Advertisement

A spent roman candle placed in a trash can ignited the can and the deck of an apartment Thursday afternoon.

Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical at 5:23 p.m. were called to the apartment at 1310 Ky, where flames were seen on the deck on the north side of the building.

``We hit it really quick and knocked it down,'' said Battalion Chief Jerry Karr.

The fire was declared under control at 5:34 p.m.

Fire damage included a portion of the deck and a wall near a sliding glass door.

Damage was estimated at $400.

There were no injuries.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.