Burglaries and thefts reported
- A Toshiba laptop computer and case were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 500 block of West 23rd on June 9. Total loss was $2,175.
- A 21-year-old Lawrence woman reported she was raped by an acquaintance between 3 a.m. and 5:30 a.m. Monday at a residence in the 1800 block of Tennessee. According to police reports, the woman, the 25-year-old male suspect and some friends were at a Lawrence bar drinking Sunday night. They went to the Tennessee Street residence and the woman later went to sleep. The man, from Missouri, allegedly entered the room and had sex with her. The suspect has not been interviewed yet, Sgt. George Wheeler said, and no charges were filed by Wednesday night. The woman reported the alleged rape just after midnight Tuesday.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- False alarm, 3:30 a.m. Wednesday, 1603 W. 15th.
- Unintentional false alarm, 11:31 p.m. Tuesday, 2930 Peterson Rd.
- Unintentional false alarm, 10:16 p.m. Tuesday, 1500 Iowa.
- Power line down, 4:20 p.m. Tuesday, 139 Minn.
- Vehicle fire, 3:03 p.m. Tuesday, 1908 E. 19th.
- Gas spill, 3:01 p.m. Tuesday, 1000 block of Third.
- False alarm, 8:27 a.m. Tuesday, 3838 W. Sixth.
- Structure fire, 7:59 a.m. Tuesday, 839 Miss.
- Medical emergency, 5:18 a.m. Wednesday, 3300 block of Iowa, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 5:12 a.m. Wednesday, 5000 block of Clinton Parkway.
- Medical emergency, 12:34 a.m. Wednesday, 1000 block of Orchard Lane, Baldwin.
- Medical emergency, 10:47 p.m. Tuesday, 2100 block of Heatherwood Drive, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 8:17 p.m. Tuesday, 700 block of Kentucky, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 8:06 p.m. Tuesday, 1500 block of West Second.
- Medical emergency, 7:38 p.m. Tuesday, 800 block of New Jersey.
- Medical emergency, 4:59 p.m. Tuesday, 1000 block of Cherry, Eudora.
- Fall, 4:54 p.m. Tuesday, 2400 block of Melrose Lane, no transport.
- Vehicle accident, 4:52 p.m. Tuesday, 300 section of East 1250 Road.
- Work accident, 3:46 p.m. Tuesday, 1600 block of Stewart Drive.
- Pedestrian accident, 3:44 p.m. Tuesday, 300 block of Edinburgh Road.
- Nonemergency transfer, 1:56 p.m. Tuesday, from Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Medical emergency, 10:48 a.m. Tuesday, Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Medical emergency, 9:55 a.m. Tuesday, 2400 block of Melrose Lane.
- Work accident, 8:59 a.m. Tuesday, 700 block of West Ninth.
- Medical emergency, 8:04 a.m. Tuesday, 1600 block of Cadet Avenue.
- Medical emergency, 8:03 a.m. Tuesday, Interstate 70.
Criminal charges filed
- Aron Guthrie, 20, Lawrence, was charged with burglary and theft for a December 1997 theft at a residence in the 1700 block of Miller Drive. According to court documents, Guthrie allegedly stole eight guns, including four shotguns, from the residence. A preliminary hearing in the case has been scheduled for 1:45 p.m. Tuesday in District Judge Robert Fairchild's court room.