Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A maroon 1992 Toyota Corolla valued on a police report at $4,000 was taken about 1:35 a.m. Sunday from the 1000 block of Massachusetts.
- A laptop computer and other items valued on a police report at $2,639 were taken between midnight Wednesday and 8 a.m. Thursday from the 1100 block of Emery.
- A 1991 Buick Park Avenue valued on a police report at $13,000 was taken between 11:50 p.m. Saturday and 12:04 a.m. Sunday from the 300 block of East 12th.
- Norma Kurtz, Eudora, remained in critical condition Sunday night in a surgical/trauma intensive care unit at the Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan., after being injured in an automobile accident Jan. 5 at 23rd and Harper. She was taken to Lawrence Memorial Hospital and then taken by ambulance to KUMC.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Alarm malfunction, 11:10 p.m. Saturday, 1530 Engle.
- Carbon monoxide alarm, 8:34 p.m. Saturday, 800 W. Eighth.
- False alarm, 6:45 p.m. Saturday, 1012 Emery.
- Carbon monoxide alarm, 5:41 p.m. Saturday, 4408 Gretchen Ct.
- Carbon monoxide alarm, 1:44 p.m. Saturday, 707 Ky.
- Carbon monoxide alarm, 1:32 p.m. Saturday 709 Ariz.
- Carbon monoxide alarm, 11:09 a.m. Saturday, 3440 W. Sixth.
- Medical emergency, 4:12 a.m. Sunday, 1500 block of Inverness.
- Assault, 1:59 a.m. Sunday, 1000 block of Massachusetts, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 9:14 p.m. Saturday, 500 block of California.
- Medical emergency, 3:42 p.m. Saturday, from Lawrence Memorial Hospital to St. Francis Hospital, Topeka.
- Medical emergency, 3:33 p.m. Saturday, 1700 block of West 25th.
- Automobile accident, 2:58 p.m. Saturday, 1500 section of East 2000 Road.
- Medical emergency, 2:23 p.m. Saturday, 2100 block of Kasold.
- Medical emergency, 1:41 p.m. Saturday, 1500 block of Inverness.
- Medical emergency, 12:38 p.m. Saturday, 1500 block of St. Andrews.
- Medical emergency, 12:33 p.m. Saturday, 2900 block of Alabama.
- Medical standbys, 12:41 p.m. and 12:13 p.m., Allen Fieldhouse at Kansas University.
- Medical emergency, 8:41 a.m. Saturday, 100 block of Indian.
- Medical emergency, 7:52 a.m. Saturday, 700 block of Forrest.