Law enforcement report
- A 31-year-old man is suspected of lighting a bag on fire and leaving it outside the door of another man who lived in his apartment complex early Friday morning. The 50-year-old victim was awakened by smoke coming in his front door at the Berkeley Flats apartments, 1123 Ind., and reported a fire at 3:32 a.m. Friday. Police said the victim and suspect have feuded in the past. The suspect, who reportedly was intoxicated when firefighters arrived, denied setting the fire, which caused about $100 damage to the door and carpet. Police spokeswoman Sgt. Susan Hadl said fire investigators retrieved items that may be evidence from the suspect's apartment. No one was arrested in the incident on Friday.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Structure fire, 3:32 a.m. Friday, 1100 block of Indiana.
- Smoke scare, 8:13 p.m. Thursday, 100 block of Pine Haven.
- Structure fire, 1:13 p.m. Thursday, 1000 block of West 24th.
- Carbon monoxide alarm, 10:14 a.m. Thursday, 1900 block of Tennessee.
- False alarm, 9:21 a.m. Thursday, Lawrence Riverfront Plaza Factory Outlets.
- Carbon monoxide detector, 9:16 a.m. Thursday, 900 block of Prescott.
- Vehicle fire, 9:15 a.m. Thursday, 2200 W. 25th.
- Medical emergency, 2:11 a.m. Friday, 2100 block of Louisiana.
- Medical emergency, 1:51 a.m. Friday, 1200 block of Sunnyside.
- Medical emergency, 1:17 a.m. Friday, 1000 block of Massachusetts.
- Medical emergency, 7:50 p.m. Thursday, 600 block of West Seventh.
- Athletic injury, 7:16 p.m. Thursday, 100 block of Indian, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 4:09 p.m. Thursday, 1400 block of Kasold.
- Medical emergency, 12:52 p.m. Thursday, 100 block of South Park.
- Vehicle accident, 12:32 p.m. Thursday, 2300 block of Barker, no transport.
- Vehicle accident, 12:27 p.m. Thursday, 2300 block of Louisiana.
- Medical emergency, 9:54 a.m. Thursday, 900 block of Christie Court, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 7:35 a.m. Thursday, 2300 block of Kasold.
- Medical emergency, 7:09 a.m. Thursday, 1000 block of North 1200 Road, no transport.