Burglaries and thefts reported
- A Free State High School student reported 75 compact discs were stolen from a locker at the school, 4700 Overland Dr., between 1:15 p.m. and 2:10 p.m. Nov. 25. Loss was $1,225.
- Eighty compact discs were stolen and a vehicle damaged between midnight Nov. 30 and 1 p.m. Dec. 1 in the 1000 block of Emery, police reported Tuesday. Value of the items stolen from the vehicle was $1,200, and estimated damage to the vehicle was $2,000, according to a police report.
- A cordless phone, Sony VCR, Toshiba television, computer equipment and other items valued at a total of $4,085 were reported stolen between 7:30 p.m. Oct. 25 and 6:30 p.m. Oct. 26 from a residence in the 600 block of Gateway Court.
- Police are investigating a report of gunshots fired about 1:05 a.m. Tuesday in the 3400 block of Clinton Parkway. No injuries or damage was reported. A handgun was reportedly used in the incident. A 24-year-old Lawrence man reported hearing the shots, police said.
- Lauren Patterson, 42, Lawrence, was listed in serious condition Tuesday night at Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan after surgery. He was caught in a paper-baling machine Thursday afternoon at the Hallmark Cards Inc. plant in Lawrence.
- Dorothy "Sally" Kay, 19, remained in fair condition Tuesday night at KUMC. Kay was hit by a vehicle while walking home Nov. 29 at 11th and Kentucky.
- Nona R. Kitchell, 71, Kansas City, Kan., remained in serious condition Tuesday night at KUMC. She was injured Nov. 26 when her minivan struck a concrete barrier on the Kansas Turnpike.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Aircraft standby, 5:49 p.m. Monday, Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Medical emergency, 11:41 p.m. Monday, 1100 block of Vermont.
- Assault, 11 p.m. Monday, 1900 block of West 31st; Brandy Schall, Lawrence, was treated and released.
- Medical emergency, 10:26 p.m. Monday, 1400 block of East 24th.
- Injury accident with extrication, 9:53 p.m. Monday, 300 block of West Ninth; patient was treated at LMH and released.
- Patient transfer, 8:41 p.m. Monday, LMH.
- Pedestrian struck by vehicle, 8:37 p.m. Monday, 2300 block of Louisiana; no one transported.
- Emergency transfer, 6:18 p.m. Monday, LMH.
- Stabbing, 6:08 p.m. Monday, 1000 block of Connecticut; no one transported.
- Medical emergency, 5:06 p.m. Monday, 4100 block of Wimbledon.
- Medical emergency, 4:04 p.m. Monday, 800 block of New Jersey.
- Patient transfer, 1:55 p.m. Monday, 2000 block of Oxford.
- Medical emergency, 12:55 p.m. Monday, 900 block of Pine in Eudora.
- Medical emergency, 12:46 p.m. Monday, 1000 block of Orchard in Eudora.
- Medical emergency, 11:24 a.m. Monday, 1000 section of North 1200 Road.
- Medical emergency, 10:10 a.m. Monday, 1100 block of Vermont.
- Medical emergency, 10:09 a.m. Monday, 1900 block of Louisiana.
- Medical emergency, 9:55 a.m. Monday, 1400 block of Jayhawk Boulevard.
- Medical emergency, 8:43 a.m. Monday, 2400 block of Massachusetts.
Uzoma C. Obineche, Lawrence, and Debra J. Sedo, Lawrence.
Cherrie Saile Noble, Lawrence, and Michael Charles Noble, Seymour, Iowa.
David Joseph Heath, Eudora, and Serenity Ann Taylor Heath, Coos Bay, Ore.
Rose Chavez, Lawrence, and Anthony Chavez, Lawrence.
Jessica R. Wiles, Lawrence, and Justin M. Wiles, Tonganoxie.
Matthew W. Hulver, Lawrence, and Jill Kadron Hulver, Glen Burnie, Md.
Sarah Hoffman, Lawrence, and Jeffrey C. Hoffman, Lawrence.
Celia Ann Crisp, Lawrence, and Richard Allen Crisp, Lawrence.
Michelle England, Lawrence, and Ronald England, Lawrence.
Michelle Ann Maddock, Lawrence, and Robert Arnold Maddock, Healdsburg, Calif.
David Micah Maxwell, Naples, Italy, and Jennifer Lynn Maxwell, Lawrence.
Jiri Garner-Lonsky, Lawrence, and Amy Susan Garner-Lonsky, Burlingame.
Rhonda M. Jones, Lawrence, and Franklin K. Jones, Lawrence.
Loralee Delisle Stevens, Lawrence, and Rodney Lee Muller, Lawrence.
Gina Marie McIntosh, Lawrence, and Larry Steven McIntosh Jr., Prescott, Ariz.
Dianna L. McKenzie, Lawrence, and James S. McKenzie, Lawrence.
Rick G. Harrell, Lawrence, and Melinda Harrell, Topeka.
Cindy A. Slavin, Eudora, and William D. Slavin Jr., Lecompton.
Linda Martin, Lawrence, and Eddie J. Martin, Lawrence.
Brenda Kay Council, Lawrence, and Jerry Thomas Council, Topeka.
Anthony S. Rumpf, Shawnee, and Connie L. Russell-Rumpf, Eudora.
Roger Dean Criqui, Lecompton, and Ellen M. Criqui, Lawrence.
Jennifer Lea Shank, Prairie Village, and Andrew David Shank, Lawrence.
Johnny Hendry, Lawrence, and Lucianna Hendry, Belvidere, Tenn.
Andrew N. Sanchez, Lawrence, and Linda S. Coover, Lawrence.
Valerie K. Johnson-Powell, Lawrence, and Rex R. Powell, Lawrence.
Bonnie S. Augustine, Lawrence, and David S. Augustine, Lawrence.
James Patrick Farrell, Lawrence, and Petra Rochelle Farrell, Fayetteville, N.C.
Richard P. Wiley, Kansas City, Kan., and Linda Anne Wiley, Lawrence.
Tonya Hattabaugh, Lawrence, and Don Hattabaugh, Lawrence.