Burglaries and thefts reported
- Seventy-five compact discs valued at $1,125 were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1300 block of Randall between 5 p.m. Monday and 8 a.m. Tuesday.
- A Pizza Shuttle employee reported he was delivering pizzas in the 1600 block of 22nd when he was approached by two men, possibly white males, who demanded money. The incident happened at 12:35 a.m. Wednesday, and Sgt. George Wheeler said a detailed description of the suspects were unavailable because the street was too dark. The delivery man, a 24-year-old Lawrence resident, was not injured and the men displayed no weapons. He got into his car and drove away, Wheeler said.
- Two cellular phones, $600 worth of compact discs and a compact disc player, worth a total of $1,705, were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1300 block of Tennessee between 11 p.m. Monday and 7:35 a.m. Tuesday. A rear window was broken; total damage to the vehicle was $450.
- A compact disc player and 35 compact discs were stolen from a vehicle in the 1600 block of West 15th between 4:10 a.m. and 4:25 a.m. Tuesday. Damage to the car was $250 and the loss was $775.
- Westridge Construction, 931 Chalk Hill Ct., reported thefts from three construction sites between Aug. 17 and Aug. 19. A concrete form package valued at $1,250 was stolen from the 500 block of Riverbend Court, white pine trim worth $1,200 was taken from the 1300 block of Sunchase Drive., and a power washer, saw and battery charger valued at a total of $810 was stolen from the 1300 block of Sunchase Drive.
- A compact disc player valued at $500 was stolen from a vehicle in the 1600 block of West 15th between 6:30 a.m. Aug. 17 and 1:20 p.m. Saturday. The vehicle's dash sustained $500 in damage.
- Two 12-inch speakers, two 6-by-9-inch speakers and other items were reported stolen from a vehicle in the 1400 block of Tennessee between 10 p.m. Monday and 9 a.m. Tuesday. With damage to the car, the total loss was estimated at $2075.
- A 1993 Ford Tempo parked in the 800 block of West 24th was vandalized between 7 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Monday. Total damage was $2,000.
- Lawrence Police arrested a 21-year-old Lawrence man Wednesday on a charge of indecent liberties with a child. He was booked at 6:52 p.m. into Douglas County Jail, and was being held Wednesday night without bail pending a court appearance. A 15-year-old girl reported the incident Thursday. It reportedly happened between 10:30 p.m. and 11:10 p.m. Aug. 19 in Burcham Park.
- Four female juveniles, ages 12 to 14, were taken into custody after battering a 12-year-old girl at 5:15 p.m. at 14th and Tennessee. Police said they were taken to the juvenile detention center. Police said the girl was not seriously injured.
- Richard L. Boothe, 72, Stanford, Tex., refused treatment after his car veered off the Kansas Turnpike and rolled into a ditch. The accident occurred at 8:37 a.m. Wednesday halfway between mile posts 187 and 188 in Shawnee County in the westbound lane of the interstate. A Kansas Turnpike Authority dispatcher said Boothe had cuts and bruises.
- Jerry L. Morris, Lawrence, was in serious but stable condition at the Kansas University Medical Center after he fell 25 to 30 feet Wednesday afternoon from the roof at a Sauer-Sundstrand construction site. Morris works for Building Erection Services of Olathe.
- Dustin Barnes, 22, Lawrence, was listed in critical condition Wednesday night in an intensive care unit at the Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan., where he was taken after suffering injuries while riding a bicycle and being struck by a car on Sunday afternoon.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- False alarm, 10:35 p.m. Tuesday, 3106 Iowa.
- Alarm system malfunction, 8:20 p.m. Tuesday, 1425 Jayhawk Blvd.
- Unintentional false alarm, 6:36 p.m. Tuesday, 2727 Iowa.
- Service call, 5:52 p.m. Tuesday, 1740 Mass.
- Unintentional false alarm, 3:56 p.m. Tuesday, 1400 Mass.
- Unintentional false alarm, 1:49 p.m. Tuesday, 3311 Iowa.
- Vehicle fire, 1:16 p.m. Tuesday, 2412 Alabama.
- Medical emergency, 3:36 a.m. Wednesday, 3200 W. 21st, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 11:13 p.m. Tuesday, 2500 block of Belle Haven Dr.
- Person seen, no help are needed, 7:28 p.m. Tuesday, 700 block of New Hampshire, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 7:11 p.m. Tuesday, 1700 block of Massachusetts.
- Patient transfer, 6:31 p.m. Tuesday, from Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Non-emergency transfer, 5:17 p.m. Tuesday, 1400 block of Kasold Drive.
- Medical emergency, 4:47 p.m. Tuesday, 1900 block of West 31st.
- Call canceled, 4:17 p.m. Tuesday, 2000 block of Oxford.
- Slip/fall, 4:01 p.m. Tuesday, 3000 block of West 31st.
- Medical emergency, 3:23 p.m. Tuesday, 3800 block of Greenway Circle.
- Medical emergency, 3:20 p.m. Tuesday, 1900 block of Haskell Avenue.
- Medical emergency, 2:53 p.m. Tuesday, 2700 block of Harper.
- Medical emergency, 2:48 p.m. Tuesday, 1400 block of West 22nd.
- Non-emergency transfer, 1:28 p.m. Tuesday, from Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Slip/fall, 1:25 p.m. Tuesday, 3000 block of West 31st.
- Medical emergency, 11:50 a.m. Tuesday, 3800 block of Greenway Circle.
- Medical emergency, 7:53 a.m. Tuesday, Lawrence Memorial Hospital.