Burglaries and thefts reported
- A 21-speed Mongoose bike and an Aiwa portable compact disc player, valued at a total of $530, were reported stolen between 12:01 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. Friday in the 1100 block of Cynthia. The compact disc player was taken from an unlocked car, and both items were in a garage with an open door.
- A 1984 gray Oldsmobile Cutlass valued at $1,500 was stolen from 2300 Packer Road between 3 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. Monday.
- A 47-year-old Lawrence man reported he woke up in the middle of the night and heard noises. He encountered a black male in his late 20s or early 30s in his front room. The man ran from the house in the 1000 block of Missouri and was not found later. The man entered through a hole he apparently cut in a window screen, causing $125 in damage. Nothing was reported stolen.
- Eric Paul Beringer, 23, Topeka, was arrested Tuesday morning during a vehicle stop at 22nd and Massachusetts. Employees of Kwik Shop, 1611 W. 23rd, called police after they saw Beringer and another man in a car arguing outside the business. The two men drove away, but the car was stopped later based on the description supplied to police. Beringer was arrested on a Labette County warrant for possession of drugs.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Medical emergency, 4:35 a.m. Tuesday, 1900 block of West 31st.
- Nonemergency transfer, 2:40 a.m. Tuesday, from Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Medical emergency, 11:50 p.m. Monday, 1800 block of West 27th.
- Medical emergency, 11:25 p.m. Monday, 1500 block of College, Baldwin.
- Medical emergency, 9:32 p.m. Monday, 1500 block of Crescent, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 9:02 p.m. Monday, 300 block of Elm, Baldwin.
- Vehicle accident, 7:24 p.m. Monday, 1900 block of West 31st.
- Medical emergency, 5:36 p.m. Monday, 1700 block of Massachusetts.
- Nonemergency transfer, 5:26 p.m. Monday, from the 1400 block of Kasold Drive.
- Sports accident, 4:42 p.m. Monday, 1900 block of Louisiana, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 4:40 p.m. Monday, 800 block of Mississippi.
- Vehicle accident, 4:25 p.m. Monday, 1500 block of Crestline, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 3:27 p.m. Monday, 1000 block of East 23rd.
- Vehicle accident, 2:43 p.m. Monday, Interstate 70.
- Bicycle accident, 12:09 p.m. Monday, 2500 block of West Sixth.
- Nonemergency transfer, 11:09 a.m. Monday, from Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Medical emergency, 10:09 a.m. Monday, 2900 block of Haskell Avenue.
- Bicycle accident, 9:55 a.m. Monday, 1600 block of Haskell Avenue, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 8:46 a.m. Monday, 900 block of Kentucky.
- Medical emergency, 8:44 a.m. Monday, 600 block of Eighth, Baldwin.
- Structure fire, 5:02 p.m. Monday, 1101 Miss.
- Good intent call, 6:29 p.m. Monday, 3725 Overland Dr.
Marriage licenses issued
Santos Torres, 27, Topeka, and Mary L. Gager, 49, Topeka
Douglas B. Dillon, 34, Lawrence, and Tracey M. Henrickson, 26, Lawrence