Burglaries and thefts reported
- A Makita drill and router and other tools were reported stolen from Lawrence Lumber Company, 706 E. 23rd, between 5 p.m. Wednesday and 7:25 a.m. Thursday. Total loss was $1,338.
- Two sets of golf clubs, valued at $3,950, were reported stolen between Aug. 4 and 8 a.m. Thursday from a residence in the 400 block of Country Club Terrace.
- An IBM laptop computer and a Sony stereo, valued at a total of $1,730, were reported stolen between 9:30 p.m. Thursday and 8:05 a.m. Friday from a residence in the 300 block of Oklahoma.
- Police are searching for a client of the Oxford House, a house for recovering alcohol and drug addicts, who allegedly cashed some checks belonging to the organization without authorization. The man allegedly deposited the checks in an account at Mercantile Bank, 3500 W. Sixth, with the checks, and then withdrew $1,175. He also wrote a check for an undisclosed amount on the account at Wal-Mart. The checks were deposited on July 1; the theft was discovered on Aug. 4. The 26-year-old man, a transient, has not been located, Sgt. George Wheeler said.
- A printer, VCR and other items valued on a police report at $5,190 were stolen between 1 p.m. July 31 and 3 p.m. Saturday from a residence in the 1700 block of Bullene, police reported Monday night.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Fire outside structure, 7:44 p.m. Sunday, 213 Wis.; a barbecue grill under the house eaves was moved before it caused damage to the house.
- Medical emergency, 4:43 a.m. Monday, 2400 block of Melrose Lane.
- Medical emergency, 2:50 a.m. Monday, 1100 block of Elm, Eudora.
- Medical emergency, 11:52 p.m. Sunday, 800 block of Oak.
- Medical emergency, 9:01 p.m. Sunday, 1400 block of Massachusetts.
- Medical emergency, 8:59 p.m. Sunday, 700 block of Walnut.
- Person seen, no help needed, 6:05 p.m. Sunday, 1500 section of County Road 1061, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 4:30 p.m. Sunday, 1100 block of East 13th.
- Medical emergency, 4:18 p.m. Sunday, Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Nonemergency transfer, 2:12 p.m. Sunday, from the 1400 block of Kasold Drive.
- Medical emergency, 1:55 p.m. Sunday, 1100 block of Massachusetts.
- Nonemergency transfer, 1:11 p.m. Sunday, from the 1500 block of Inverness.
- Medical emergency, 12:18 p.m. Sunday, 400 block of East 12th.
- Medical emergency, 11:22 a.m. Sunday, U.S. Highway 40.
- Shooting, 11:14 a.m. Sunday, 2100 block of Ohio; investigated as a self-inflicted gunshot.
- Medical emergency, 9:06 a.m. Sunday, 2200 section of North 1420 Road, Eudora.
Marriage licenses issued
Brian E. Hayward, 26, Lawrence, and Julie A. Harper, 25, Lawrence
Jeffrey Alan Wacker, 26, Lawrence, and Christine Sperry Schweiger, 25, Lawrence
Joseph William Alden, 27, Orange Park, Fla., and Gwendolyn Renee Mullens, 25, Orange Park, Fla.
Rodney Allen Schmit, 24, Lawrence, and Leslie M. Weege, 26, Lawrence
James Michael Dryden, 33, Lawrence, and Cynthia K. Pierard, 30, Lawrence
Harry Kenneth Hicks III, 25, Tonganoxie, and Leah Marie Stork, 32, Tonganoxie
Joshua Delcamp, 25, Eudora, and Jenny L. Albright, 27, Eudora
Fred Andrew King, 47, Eudora, and Angela Renee Koscher, 27, Eudora
Brian C. Wilkerson, 38, Lawrence, and Joni Gittins, Lawrence
Brandon E.J. Schoenhofer, 31, Lawrence, and Karen Ann Cudney, 26, Lawrence
John E. Hull, 28, Richmond, and Janel K. Warhurst, 28, Richmond
George Theodore Elston, 28, Lawrence, and Lisa Sue Appleton, 25, Lawrence
Leonard M. Baker, 26, Lawrence, and Runita J. Dickson, 23, Lawrence