Burglaries and thefts reported
- Eighteen pieces of siding and 150 2-by-4 studs were reported stolen from the 800 block of Michigan Circle between 10 a.m. July 25 and 6:30 a.m. Monday. Total loss was $1,216.
- The owner of ProSound at 500 E. 23rd reported $21,371 worth of stereo equipment, cash and other items stolen from the business between 10 p.m. July 2 and 8:45 a.m. July 3. The report became available Friday.
- An Alpine detachable-face compact disc car stereo and several other items valued at $1,035 were reported stolen from the 200 block of Bristol Terrace between 10:30 p.m. July 27 and 8 a.m. July 28.
- A 1987 Mazda pick-up truck valued at $3,000 was reported stolen in the 1200 block of Tennessee between 8:30 a.m. and noon July 25.
- A 1994 Jeep Wrangler was damaged, possibly by arson, Thursday in the 1200 block of Delaware. Damage was listed at $9,000.
- Laird Noller Ford reported $2,800 of criminal damage done to 16 vehicles on its lot at 1013 W. 23rd between 6 p.m. July 25 and 7:30 a.m. July 27.
- A pickup truck driven by Robert D. Randel, 18, of Lansing, backfired and caught fire at 2:20 p.m. on Friday as he drove south off the Kansas Highway 10 exit onto U.S. Highway 40. The red 1986 Chevrolet S-10 was called a ``total loss,'' by a sheriff's report. No one was injured.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- System malfunction, 8:45 a.m. Friday, Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Vehicle fire, 3:35 a.m. Friday, 1200 block of Delaware.
- Unintentional alarm, 12:19 a.m. Friday, 1000 block of Massachusetts.
- Spill or leak with no ignition, 7:58 p.m. Thursday, 2100 block of Louisiana.
- Spill or leak with no ignition, 7:57 p.m. Thursday, 400 block of East 23rd.
- Unintentional alarm, 2:41 p.m. Thursday, 4200 block of Trail.
- Injury accident, 11:17 a.m. Friday, 1300 block of West 19th; no transport.
- Bicycle accident, 11:09 a.m. Friday, 900 block of Church in Eudora.
- Injury accident, 8:19 a.m. Friday, 1200 block of Mississippi. A DeSoto man, John Clisso, was stuck under a backhoe after the bucket of the backhoe was struck by a moving truck. He freed himself and was transported to Lawrence Memorial Hospital. He was in fair condition Friday night.
- Medical emergency, 6:29 a.m. Friday, 1100 block of Parkside.
- Non-emergency transfer, 6:03 a.m. Friday, Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Slip or fall, 3:29 a.m. Friday, 1800 block of West 27th.
- Medical emergency, 2:06 a.m. Friday, 1500 block of Stratford.
- Injury accident, 10:56 p.m. Thursday, 1300 block of West Sixth.
- Medical emergency, 10:53 p.m. Thursday, 1400 block of Maple in Eudora.
- Bicycle accident, 3:35 p.m. Thursday, 1500 block of Pin Oak; no transport.
- Medical emergency, 3:01 p.m. Thursday, 3500 block of Clinton.
- Medical emergency, 2:09 p.m. Thursday, 1500 section of East 400 Road.
- Transfer, 11:40 a.m. Thursday, Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Non-emergency transfer, 11:30 a.m. Thursday, Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Transfer, 10:52 a.m. Thursday, 3500 block of Clinton.
- Injury accident, 10:33 a.m. Thursday, 3000 block of West Sixth.
- Non-emergency transfer, 10:32 a.m. Thursday, Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Transfer, 9:33 a.m. Thursday, 3500 block of Clinton.
- Slip or fall, 8:43 a.m. Thursday, 2000 block of Miller.
- Medical emergency, 8:01 a.m. Thursday, 1200 block of West Campus.