Burglaries and thefts reported
- A 1995 Acura Integra received $1,000 worth of damage between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m. Saturday in a parking lot at 1208 Ky., Lawrence police said on Monday. Police said there were three large dents the size of basketballs on the rear of the vehicle. Police have no suspects.
- A tool box filled with 250 various tools was stolen between 3 p.m. Friday and 10:45 a.m. Sunday from a home garage in the 400 block of Overland Drive, Lawrence police reported on Monday. The tools had racing-style stickers on them, police said. Police have no suspects.
- A black, vinyl carrying case containing 100 CDs, a car stereo and shoes, which had a total value of $2,080, was stolen from a car between 9 p.m. Friday and 4:25 p.m. Saturday in the Eagles Lodge parking lot at 1803 W. Sixth, Lawrence police said on Monday. Police said they have no suspects.
- A man's tan golf-style coat, containing a men's diamond ring valued at $9,000, and $700 in cash, was taken between noon and 12:40 p.m. Saturday from the McDonald's restaurant, 4911 W. Sixth, Lawrence police said on Monday. Police said the man had taken his daughter to the restaurant, took his coat off in the children's play area and left it behind. When he returned about 40 minutes later, the coat was gone.
- Stereo equipment valued at $1,350 was stolen sometime between 2 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. Sunday from a car parked at 425 Ind., Lawrence police said on Monday. Police said the driver's side window was broken.
- A 19-year-old Kansas City, Mo., man suffered a gash on his head when he was struck by a pool cue about 1:15 a.m. Monday in Louise's Bar Downtown, 1009 Mass., Lawrence police said. Police said the man was treated for the gash at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. The man told police he went to play pool and started talking to some women when some men at the bar objected and one struck him with a pool cue. Police said the suspects were described as being college-age white males.
- The driver of a high loader told police someone shot at his vehicle as he was moving dirt about 8:50 a.m. Friday at a residence in the 1800 block of E800 Road, according to Douglas County sheriff's officers. Officers reported the window of the vehicle was shot with a bullet. Officers said they have no suspects.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Structure fire, 4:39 a.m. Monday, 2530 Maverick. A couch that had caught fire was removed from the home. It did not ignite other materials.
- Spill leak, with no ignition, 2:45 p.m. Sunday at 1339 Tenn.
- Trees, brush and grass fire, 3:23 p.m. Sunday, 1804 E1600 Road.
- Medical emergency, 4:11 a.m. Monday, 1700 block of Whitmore Court.
- Assault, 11:54 a.m. Sunday, 400 block of Arkansas Street.
- Person seen, no help needed, 10:13 p.m. Sunday, 2500 block of Redbud Lane.
- Medical emergency, 8:05 p.m. Sunday, 1600 block of West 15th Street.
- Medical emergency, 3:23 p.m. Sunday, 1700 block of Delaware.
- Medical emergency, 2:35 p.m. Sunday, 1700 block of W. 19th.
- Medical emergency, 2:08 p.m. Sunday, 900 block of Pennsylvania.
- Boating accident, 12:48 p.m. Sunday, 400 block of E1814 Road, Baldwin.
- Medical emergency, 12:04 p.m. Sunday, 100 block of North Eighth.
- Person seen, no help given, 11:54 a.m. Sunday, 1800 block of North E1450 Road.
- Patient transfer from Lawrence Memorial Hospital, 11:51 a.m. Sunday.
- Medical emergency, 11:44 a.m. Sunday, 1200 block of E700 Road.
- Medical emergency, 7:49 a.m. Sunday, 1200 block of Almira Avenue.