Among the recommendations from the city's CDBG Advisory Committee:
- Ballard Community Center, $29,761 for classroom restrooms.
- Boys and Girls Club, $28,500 for a van.
- Community Living Opportunities, $15,000 for renovations.
- Health Care Access, $77,000 for a facility addition.
- Salvation Army, $60,000 for renovations.
- Social Service League, $11,950 for accessibility renovations and $$5,850 for weatherization efforts.
- Habitat for Humanity Inc., $15,000 for sidewalks on LaSalle Street.
- Corporate Volunteer Council, $30,000 for minor home improvements.
- Lawrence Interdenominational Nutrition Kitchen, $4,515 for a dishwasher.
Money also would be available for various neighborhood associations, as well as operations for several social service agencies.
- Oread Neighborhood Assn., $400 for parking signs.
- Target sidewalk fund, $5,000 to help encourage filling of sidewalk ``gaps'' in target neighborhoods: Brook Creek, East Lawrence, North Lawrence, Oread and Pinckney.