Law enforcement report
- Eldon Larue Mzhickteno, 41, rural Topeka, was arrested for begging Saturday morning. He was held in Douglas County Jail Saturday night on $100 bond.
- Mark Eldridge Miller, 24, Oklahoma City, was arrested for driving while intoxicated, aggravated assault and leaving the scene of an accident Saturday morning. Miller was released on bond Saturday night.
- Colleen M. Beckwith, 43, Lawrence, was injured in a two-vehicle accident about 8:30 p.m. Friday night near mile marker 191 on the Kansas Turnpike. David L. Warnaw, 26, Topeka, had slowed down in a construction zone and was struck by Beckwith's vehicle. Warnaw, who complained of neck pains, refused treatment. Beckwith was taken to Lawrence Memorial Hospital, where she was treated and released.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Unintentional false alarm, 8:05 a.m. Friday, Lawrence Memorial Hospital, 325 Maine.
- Unintentional false alarm, 11:41 a.m. Friday, 1800 block of Tennessee.
- Mobile home fire, 12:28 p.m. Friday, 827 Walnut.
- Odor investigation, 9:12 p.m. Friday, 1300 W. Sixth Street.
- Smoke scare, 9:36 p.m. Friday, 2200 block of Tennessee.
- System malfunction, 1:04 a.m. Saturday, 3108 Trail.
- Gas spill, 9:49 a.m. Saturday, 2000 block of West Ninth Street.
- Carbon monoxide alarm, 1:40 p.m. Saturday, 2912 Oxford.
- False alarm, 7:37 p.m. Saturday, 827 Walnut.
- Medical emergency, 9:58 a.m. Friday, 1700 block of Engel Road.
- Medical emergency, 11:20 a.m. Friday, 1300 block of Wakarusa Drive.
- Medical emergency, 2:32 p.m. Friday, 2400 block of Massachusetts.
- Injury accident, 5:20 p.m. Friday, 1500 block of West 15th Street.
- Fall, 6:04 p.m. Friday, Haskell Indian Nations University Stadium, 2300 block of Barker.
- Patient transfer, 6:48 p.m. Friday, 1500 block of Inverness Drive.
- Lawrence High School football game standby, 7:17 p.m. Friday, Haskell Indian Nations University Stadium, 2300 block of Barker, no transport.
- Automobile accident, 8:26 p.m. Friday, mile post 191 of the Kansas Turnpike.
- Patient transfer, 8:35 p.m. Friday, Lawrence Memorial Hospital to Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan.
- Patient transfer, 9:22 p.m. Friday, LMH to KUMC.
- Medical emergency, 10:02 p.m. Friday, 3300 block of Iowa, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 10:30 p.m. Friday, 1100 block of Rhode Island, canceled en route.
- Patient transfer, 11:04 p.m. Friday, Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
- Medical emergency, 11:48 p.m. Friday, 1600 block of Haskell.
- Medical emergency, 12:54 a.m. Saturday, 1800 block of Massachusetts, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 12:59 a.m. Saturday, 200 block of Pinecone.
- Medical emergency, 1:05 a.m. Saturday, 111 East 11th Street.
- Medical emergency, 2:47 a.m. Saturday, 1000 block of North Third Street.
- Vehicle accident, 3:23 a.m. Saturday, one mile north of U.S. Highway 40 on Kansas Highway 10.
- Medical emergency, 7:26 a.m. Saturday, 100 block of Baker Street, Baker, transport to LMH.
- Home accident, 10:11 a.m. Saturday, 4000 block of Vintage Court, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 10:18 a.m. Saturday, 3500 block of Clinton Parkway, no transport.
- Home accident, 11:25 a.m. Saturday, 2200 block of Harper, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 12:41 p.m. Saturday, 1300 block of North 1100 Road, transport to LMH.
- Automobile accident, 4:11 p.m. Saturday, 4200 block of West Sixth Street, transport to LMH.
- Medical emergency, 4:38 p.m. Saturday, 2400 block of Melrose, no transport.
- Automobile accident, 4:45 p.m. Saturday, 900 block of Arkansas, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 5:48 p.m. Saturday, 1900 block of Haskell, transport to LMH.
- Motorcycle accident, 6:04 p.m. Saturday, 500 block of West 31st Street, transport by Lifestar from scene to KUMC.
- Bicycle accident, 7:42 p.m. Saturday, 1500 block of West Sixth Street, transport to LMH.
- Medical emergency, 8:12 p.m. Saturday, 1300 block of Sunnyside, no transport.