Advertisement

Archive for Sunday, November 30, 1997

SMOKE DAMAGES HOUSE ON TENNESSEE

November 30, 1997

Advertisement

Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical personnel responded to a house fire at 1736 Tenn. late Saturday afternoon.

When they arrived at 5:31 p.m. they found one of the bedrooms engulfed in smoke, with minimal flames, Battalion Chief Bill Stark said.

Earlier in the day a tree fell into power lines north of the structure and Kansas Power and Light employees were on the scene. KPL employees smelled smoke coming from inside the house and called 911.

None of the occupants were home and an owner could not be identified or located.

Stark said the cause of the fire is believed to be electrical.

All of the bedroom doors were closed, keeping damage to a minimum, Stark said.

"Because the doors were closed, smoke didn't get in there," he said.

Damage to the structure was estimated at $7,500.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.