* Kansas failed to lead at halftime for the first time this season.
- Season-high scoring -- T.J. Pugh with nine points, Billy Thomas with 19 and Paul Pierce with 28.
- Kansas outrebounded its opponent for the 12th consecutive game. KU's rebound margin of 43-34 against Arizona State was its smallest of the season.
- KU's last overtime game had been the double-overtime loss at Missouri last February, one of only two defeats suffered by the 1996-97 team.
- Kansas is 8-7 in overtime games played during Roy Williams' tenure.
- Pierce moved into the top 25 on KU's career scoring list, passing Kelly Knight, Rex Walters and Charlie Black for the No. 25 spot.
- Thomas now has 180 three-point goals. That puts him second on the school career list behind Adonis Jordan.
- Kansas won its 13th Preseason NIT game, all under Williams. Also, the Jayhawks continued a string of reaching the finals of every holiday tournament Williams has coached in.
- KU's 27 turnovers were the fourth-highest total in Williams' 10 seasons. It was the highest turnover total since 1992 when the Jayhawks were guilty of 29 against Colorado. Sixteen of KU's 27 TOs on Wednesday night were Arizona State steals.
- Attendance in the 20,000-plus seat Madison Square Garden was listed as 11,510. Kansas sold more than 200 tickets, and the majority of the crowd was cheering for the underdog Sun Devils.