Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- An amplifier, speaker box and other items valued on a police report at $1,580 were taken between 9 p.m. Wednesday and noon Thursday from a vehicle in the 1500 block of Rhode Island.
- A car stereo and 48 compact discs valued on a police report at $1,170 were taken between 10 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. Sunday from a vehicle in the 300 block of Johnson Avenue.
- A computer system and portable stereo valued on a police report at $2,150 were taken between 6 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. Sunday from a residence in the 3700 block of Overland Drive.
- About $600 worth of stereo equipment was stolen and about $400 damage was caused to the window and the steering column of a car sometime between 1 p.m. and 9:45 p.m. Saturday at 1 Riverfront Plaza, Lawrence police reported.
- Ruth Ellen Hotle, 25, and Thad David Hotle, 28, were both arrested on charges of battery to a law enforcement officer Saturday morning at their home at 1127 Conn. Police said they were called to investigate the report of a woman being choked at the home. But when officers arrived the couple told them to go away. When police informed the couple they were required to investigate reports of domestic abuse, Ruth Ellen Hotle allegedly ripped open the jacket of the officer. The officer told her she was under arrest for battery. Thad David Hotle then allegedly tried to stop the officer from arresting her and he too was arrested, police said. Both were in Douglas County Jail Monday.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- False alarm, 8:32 a.m. Sunday, 1100 block of Vermont.
- Chimney fire, 7:01 p.m. Sunday, 646 Mo. Firefighters said they put out the chimney fire and advised the residents to have the chimney cleaned before starting another fire.
- Structure fire, 8:28 p.m. Sunday, 607 Oak, Eudora.
- Smoke scare, 8:30 p.m. Sunday, BB Bristol Terr. Firefighters said the smoke was from burned food.
- False alarm, 8:33 a.m. Monday, 2503 Jasu.
- False alarm, 10:25 a.m. Monday, 1603 W. 15th.
- Storage shed fire, 1:15 p.m. Monday at 4700 W. Sixth. No damage was reported.
- Smoke report, 12:57 p.m. Monday, 2013 Ohio.
- Medical emergency, 4:03 p.m. Sunday, 3400 block of West Sixth.
- Home accident, 5:03 p.m. Sunday, 3400 block of Harvard.
- Motor vehicle accident, 5:32 p.m. Sunday, Sixth and Kentucky.
- Motor vehicle accident, 6:32 p.m. Sunday, Ninth and Vermont, no transport.
- Medical emergency, 7:48 p.m. Sunday, 1600 block of Haskell.
- Medical emergency, 8:14 p.m. Sunday, 800 block of Alabama.
- Medical emergency, 2:58 a.m. Monday, 1100 block of Vermont.
- Medical emergency, 3:56 a.m. Monday, 1400 section of East 1500 Road.
- Medical emergency, 5:37 a.m. Monday, 300 block of Washington.
- Medical emergency, 9:15 a.m. Monday, 1400 block of Kasold.
- Medical emergency, 9:33 a.m. Monday, 2100 block of Clinton Parkway.
- Medical emergency, 11:31 a.m. Monday, 4500 block of Wimbledon.
- Fall, 2:26 p.m. Monday, 1400 block of East 28th Terrace.
- Medical emergency, 5:39 p.m. Monday, 800 block of Moundridge.
- Medical emergency, 5:41 p.m. Monday, 2700 block of Iowa.